2100 calories with via Macros- Still hungry

Riding the Peloton on the off days with 1 day of rest. The below is the workout i am doing. But after that, im still kind of hungry. My goal is to lose inches(weight is fine but inches is my focus) but still hungry after all the workouts. Any suggestions. Maybe need to eat more calorie dense foods?

https://muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-upper-lower-workout-routine#comment-1458504

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    How large is your deficit, do you know?
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member

looks like my maintenance according to one tdee calculator is 3019 calories.
  • janejellyroll
    raven56706 wrote: »

If that's truly your TDEE, that's a pretty steep deficit. How much are you losing per week, on average?
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member

If that's truly your TDEE, that's a pretty steep deficit. How much are you losing per week, on average?

dont know who to believe anymore. That tdee calculator said that, and another tdee says 2529. Unsure who to follow.

here are my stats:

5'7
    191 weight
    sedentary job
    working out 6 days a week and intense
    Male

i want to get to 180

• janejellyroll

dont know who to believe anymore. That tdee calculator said that, and another tdee says 2529. Unsure who to follow.

here are my stats:

5'7
    191 weight
    sedentary job
    working out 6 days a week and intense
    Male

i want to get to 180

Your best guide to what your TDEE is will be following a plan for a few weeks consistently and then comparing your results to what you expect. Everyone is starting with estimates. Are you currently losing weight?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    with less than 10lbs to lose - you probably only need a deficit of .5-1lb a week - right now your deficit is closer to 2lbs - which explains why you are probably hungry
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited June 2018
    Your maintenance pre-exercise should be somewhere in the 2500 range. Resistance training won't burn much and peloton is probably burning something like 700-800 an hour.

If you're hungry and not interested in losing weight, then eat more. The resistance training will help you to cut some inches even if you eat to maintenance. Personally, I'd eat to maintenance without eating back any exercise calories. This should put you at a slow deficit to help you lose weight without sacrificing too much muscle gain.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,515 Member
    The TDEE calculation, do you have that set at sedentary? If not, you should. Since you only have about 10lbs to lose, I'd recommend just following what MFP tells you (based on NEAT) calculation to lose .5lb per week and then eat back at least 1/2 of your exercise calories. There is no reason for you to have a 1000 calorie deficit with only 10lbs to lose, I'd be starving too.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited July 2018
    jasquig17 wrote: »
    Look into David Ludwig’s “Always Hungry?” or Mark Hyman’s “ Eat Fat, Get Thin.” A low-fat diet is food industry code for “high sugar.”

I eat low fat..... not much added sugar.... actual sugar intake today. Less than 80 grams. That's including all the"sugar" from my 10-12 servings of veggies and fruit.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    First, fuel your workouts and workout hard. If you can attack cycling with intensity you’ll feel good about your workouts. A 500 calorie deficit at 1200 calories feels terrible. A 500 calorie deficit at 3000+ calories you don’t notice, and you feel great.

I’ve had to tweek my mfp calorie targets. I found I was underestimating my portion sizes and accepting if MFP’s overestimation of some activities. I know some people get really precise and buy food scales, but I didn’t have the patience. I just bumped up my calorie deficit to a number that corresponded to an observed weight loss of 1.5 lbs per week. It’s a quick fudge but for me it worked. I’m down about 85 lbs.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    My hunch is the same as everyone else here, I think you're eating way too low. I would start eating at 2500 calories and see after three weeks what your results are. If you see you haven't lost weight or you lost too little (under 0.5 lbs per week), decrease your calories by 125-250 and then see again after 3 weeks. My feeling is that you used the 2 lbs per week settign which explains why you're always hungry.