I don't see where it'd show me what my weight loss will be in x amount of weeks

Options
I entered I want to loose 2 lbs a week. current weight is 271 and I want to go down to 151 lbs so how long according to this app will it take me to loose all the weight and does it factor in the plateau people usually hit? I didn't get the info of how many pounds I'll loose in the short term or long term goals.

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The app doesn't make that prediction, and there's no way it could be anywhere near reasonably accurate. There are a lot of things which factor into how long it will take - how accurately you're counting/logging your calories, how close you stick to your calorie goal, how many days you exceed your calorie goal (and by how many calories), how much other daily activity/exercise you do (which for most people varies considerably from day to day), how far overweight you were when you started, how deep your deficit is, how much sleep you get, how high/low your stress levels are, etc., etc.

When you close out your food diary each day, the app will give you a message saying "If every day was like today, in 5 weeks you'd weigh x pounds". But that assumes that you would eat the exact same amounts of the exact same foods and move the exact same amount every day for those 5 weeks - which obviously isn't going to happen. So the prediction is about as accurate as throwing a dart at a dartboard.
  • Junebug2022
    Junebug2022 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Don’t bother, it’s not accurate, but after every day you close your diary it will give you a five week outlook of what your weight would be if you where to duplicate that same day 35 times.

Also there are websites on line that can give you a goal date for your final weight or you can just take 272-152 and divide that by 2/1.5/1/.5