Advice needed: 7 weeks to look better

Options
My partners mum is getting married at the end of next month. Both me and my 2 year old daughter are bridesmaids.
I want to look nice for it and would love to actually lose weight before it to feel much better.

Ive got a size 18 black waterfall dress and im not sure if its the best dress to wear or not for my body type. I am rubbish with fashion, hair styles and makeup.

Is there anyone out there who can give me a few pointers to look a lot less like i do now? Since ive moved home ive lost 2kg as im being more active but its not enough.

Exercizes, a great weight loss recepie, anything? i have 7 weeks and i know theres no quick fix.

Please help?

Holly xx

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    walk everyday and switch to a temporary vegetarian or vegan eating habit? you can lose quite a bit in 7 weeks just by watching what you eat and being more active =]
  • brendagangadin
    Options
    Okay I know the advice eat healthy loose two pounds a week is a healthy range. But if you have 7 weeks, cut out the carbs and you will see the weight lose. At least 4 pounds a week if you are strict. That means no rice, no flour, no bread, no sugar. (Even the hidden carbs and in sugar found in carrots, peas, orgnges) Google it in the internet, gurantee you will drop some weight in 7 weeks.

also don't forget about spanx, it make you look 2-4 inches smaller and a smooth shape.

Good luck.
  • Mslilah
    Mslilah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you come up with a workout plan, workout for atleast an hour a day. Eat healthy, alot of fruits and vegetables. Take a supplement called L-Carnitine 500 mg twice a day. One in the morning before breakfast and the second one 30 mintues before your excersise. If you stick to this you will look FABOLOUS in 7 weeks.....Goodluck you can do it!!!!!!
  • ShadowFangs
    Options
    I walk at least 30 mins a day as a rule.
    My partner is someone who only cooks from scratch. We do eat a lot of pasta as its my daughters fave food. I was told to eat a lot of beef and tomatoes for the iron in them as i fall asleep a lot as i am on a lot of tablets. could these also be stopping me from losing weight?
    i do have a wheat intollerance but hate gluten free foods which i guess is a bad thing to keep eating them?
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    You should be able to lose the best part of a stone in 7 weeks if you cut down on the calories. MFP recommends I eat 1200 a day and I get some extra by walking 3 times a day for 30 minutes each time. Make sure you log everything in your diary food and exercise so you know how many cals you have.

Plan your days eating as soon as you get up and stick to it. Otherwise you may find yourself seaching in the fridge when you are hungry and eating the wrong things.

Re the Spanx - Matalan do some similar `fat pants` that are much cheaper and hold in all those wobbly bits :-)

Good luck x
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am a bridesmaid in my friends wedding Oct 8, im trying to lose weight and tone up. She just asked this of me last week, I have been exercising at least 30 mins a day , drinking lots of water, trying to stay within 1200 cals and its working. If your eating pasta or high carbs try exercising about 30 mins to an hour after so your burning them up instead of turning them to fat. I used to exercise in the am, and lost some weight, but then switched to late afternoon and have noticed a better loss weekly.

Spanx or shapewear a must for a formal dress. I got a strapless shapewear with tummy coverage and it is quite a difference, the dress flows better and doesn't sit in the creases of your back or abdomen. You can do it !! before you know it, you'll be taking that dress in:bigsmile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you have a wheat intolerance and you eat a lot of pasta....?
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 would be a good start. 30 Day shred is also good but I think RI30 is harder (IE, more effective).
    And drink lots and lots of water to flush your system.
    Best of luck. I have two weddings this fall (as a guest, not in the wedding). So I'm in the same boat. I finished 30DS, I'm on week 3 of RI30 and 6 Week 6 Pack is next in line.
    The biggest things are remember your water, don't starve yourself, and find a workout that makes you feel like you're going to die.
  • ShadowFangs
    Options
    I used to do a lot of zumba and yoga until my wii broke. at least 1 hour a day but unfortunately Ruby decided she'd break it. With me being on this diet kick i dont know if we will lose money or gain it but I know I cant use money to go to the groups my doctors told me to go to as that money goes to my daughter for milk or nappies etc.

My wheat intolerance makes me bloat so i know which ammount is enough.

I do notice that in a morning my jeans are baggy but at night i cant wait to take them off as theyre restricting. Is that normal?
  • Juliane1986
    Juliane1986 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and have seen some before an after pics on here of people who did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred with great results. Worth a try, inexpensive, quick and you can do it at home.