To eat, or not to eat...

Options
Hi ALL, I am looking for healthy, awesome, yummy alternatives that I can snack on throughout the work period to avoid my cravings for Chick-fil-A.... ANY ideas? Just snacking foods, I’ve got the meals pretty covered. Thaaaaanks! 💛

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with Chick-Fil-A?
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Yes, the grilled chicken filet is a reasonable choice at Chick-Fil-A. That is what I get without any guilt.

• snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    They have a grilled club that is my current goto there. I'd have to look, but without mayo or the condiments, it is under 500 calories.

The chicken nuggets aren't bad as is, but they also have a grilled variety of those too. Fruit instead of fries and Chick-Fil-A can be a great fast food choice.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Don't snack and use the saved calories for chick-fil-a? (I don't even know what that is...)

It’s a fast food restaurant that serves mostly breaded and grilled chicken, fries, and milkshakes.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I like popcorn, yogurt, granola bars, cheese, vegetables or fruit for snacks.
    Eat whatever you like that you have the calories for.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I use snacks to balance out my macros. My meals tend to be low fat, so I rely on several high fat snacks to hit my fat minimum— nuts, cheese, coffee cake or brownies made with almond meal instead of flour. If this applies to you, google “fat bombs” for ideas. High fat is high calorie, though.

If you’re looking for low fat snacks, I love fruit & Greek yogurt, celery &carrot sticks, hot air popcorn.

I’m wondering what your typical macros are like and if there’s a connection between your macros and craving Chic fil A. Maybe high protein snacks would be satisfying?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Cold leftover baked chicken. Or rotisserie chicken.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Bigger meals fewer snacks - fruit, raw veg, nuts? Does Chick-fil-a (not a thing in the UK) count as a snack?
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    What's wrong with Chick-Fil-A?

They are biased against chickens. I think chickens are glorious creatures.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Yoghurts
    Fruits
    Dates
    Sandwiches
  • jillstreett
    jillstreett Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to snack at work. I plan it out so that I can have small meals/ snacks all day everyday and have been successful. Go to's:

Sargento Balanced Breaks
    Boar's Head Everroast Deli Chicken
    mixed strawberries and blueberries
    Siggi's greek yogurt
    half a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat
    coffee
    cashews
    and if I know I've had enough and should not be hungry...drink a bottle of water in addition to the good quantity that I already drink.