50 pounds in less than 4 months!!

My name is Jamie and I began my journey to health on February 19, 2018. I am 39 years old and in February I was weighing 245 pounds. I am a husband and also a father of 3 children. I began using my fitness pal and joined our local YMCA so I could begin an exercise program. Several things sparked me to begin a healthy lifestyle, realizing that I had neglected my body and began to treat food as a source of comfort and stress relief, noticing that lots of times I didn’t feel like playing and being able to have fun with our young children and understanding that if I didn’t change my current lifestyle I would not be able to enjoy my marriage and my family the way that I wanted too for the rest of my life. It was time for me to change, and on February 19th I did just that. I changed my eating habits, I completely stopped eating fried foods as well as hamburger meat and began to drink only water. I also started packing my lunch for work and planned out my daily meals to where I could eat small portions of food every 2 hours while I worked. These 2 changes ( food and exercise) drastically changed my life, I lost 50 pounds in 3-4 months and felt like a new person!! I was a person who was addicted to overeating didn’t care at all about exercise to begin with but thru my family’s support and keeping track of my diet thru my fit pal I have been completely changed! Now exercise and being mindful of what I eat are part of my daily life! I am not perfect, and some days are harder than others but my fitness pal keeps honest with my food and it also motivates me with the information it gives me thru emails and the app! August 19 will be the 6 month mark for me, I currently weigh 193 pounds and I can’t wait to see what the future holds! If I can do this so can all of you!! Good luck!

hh6ckh41jjau.jpeg

ncnrera9l697.jpeg

s11llx70mnly.jpeg

qg7zwv8si4jv.jpeg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!