New and Self conscious

Options
Giving this a shot. Ive been large for as long as I can remember. I want to be healthier for my families sake. It upsets me that I cannot ride on amusement park rides with my son. I suffer from depression and anxiety on top of my weight, and really need some help.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Start small.

Start by logging what you currently eat into the food diary on this site. Do that for a week or two.

Then look at your food diary and determine where you can make some tweaks. Maybe give up one soda per day and have water instead. Do that tweak until it's normal, while still logging everything else. Once the first tweak is a natural habit, then look over your food diary again and see where you can make another tweak. Maybe you make sure you eat a vegetable every day. Do that until it's normal, while still logging everything else. See the pattern?

Huge changes are difficult if not impossible to maintain. Small, sustainable changes that you can do for the rest of your life is how you reach your goal.
  • justagirl218
    justagirl218 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I’m in a similar position...overweight, and struggle with depression and anxiety and want to be healthier for my children. I’ve just decided to give it a go, do my best, and be patient even though it may be a long time before I see results. I will say I stopped drinking soda and “junk” food past week and I am sleeping better now and have less pain. And I’m down 2 pounds. :)

Good luck! I’m new to this since I’ve been overweight for 11 years now.
  • justinewillcutyou
    justinewillcutyou Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    We are all here with the same goal in mind: to be healthier! Don’t be afraid to ask questions, reach out to someone for advice.. most people here are incredibly nice and want to help others. I deal with my own battles so I know how much the uphill mental battle is draining but you’re not alone there either. You can do anything you set your mind to. You’re in control here.
  • amber_225
    amber_225 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Giving this a shot. Ive been large for as long as I can remember. I want to be healthier for my families sake. It upsets me that I cannot ride on amusement park rides with my son. I suffer from depression and anxiety on top of my weight, and really need some help.

You're taking the first step and that in itself is a big deal but like stated above start with small changes and move one from there. Also make sure you have a good support system. Find friends close to you or on here that will help keep you motivated. Remember to do this for you first and foremost. Best wishes.