Hi everyone!

Options
Hi,
I just found this website purely by accident so I figured I would give it a try. I have been a "roller coaster dieter" nearly all my life, so this time I want to be dedicated and maybe find some support along the way.
My name is Becki, and I have 2 beautiful children, an 18month old son, and a 3 week old daughter. I am breastfeeding, so here's hoping that helps speed up the weight loss.
Its great to meet you all and any advice you have would be great!

Replies

• becki921
    Options
    Hi,
    I just found this website purely by accident so I figured I would give it a try. I have been a "roller coaster dieter" nearly all my life, so this time I want to be dedicated and maybe find some support along the way.
    My name is Becki, and I have 2 beautiful children, an 18month old son, and a 3 week old daughter. I am breastfeeding, so here's hoping that helps speed up the weight loss.
    Its great to meet you all and any advice you have would be great!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Becki, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky! I just joined a week ago myself! I have always been a roller coaster dieter too. I have found that journaling this way is really the best because it keeps you in check. Anything I can do to help encourage you to succeed I will do!
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]146152.png[/url]
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site. I love it so much. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :drinker:
  • becki921
    Options
    That's a great idea about logging food before you eat it. I never thought of that one before! Thanks for the great advice!
    ~Becki~
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome....welcome...welcome!!!
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Becki!

I wish you the best of luck! When I first started on this website my staff sergeant (who uses it and got me started on it) told me that for the first two weeks don't worry about meeting the calorie goals or changing your diet, just eat as you normally do and log everything in so you can see what your normal diet really looks like, and that'll help you make gradual changes (he was right, I was mortified at mine! :laugh: ) Another good thing to do is really pay attention to what the portion sizes are on whatever your eating-I literally measure out 1 cup of cereal and 1 cup of milk, etc...if you eat/drink exact portions you will notice a difference soon! It may not seem like enough at first but as your body gets used to eating that amount, sometimes it will be too much! It's tougher when you eat out, so a good rule of thumb is to eat only half of the serving if it's big and then push away your plate (I can't do that so I put a lot of salt, ketchup, whatever's on the table all over it) Good luck and don't give up, you can do it!!
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi! New here too :-) Welcome to the site - it's a great resource, and the food tracking is wonderful. I used to use a pay by month subscription with Weight Watchers a few years ago, while I was active duty Air Force. I was pleasantly surprised to find this is very comparable to that in terms of services/tools offered, and free! I'm looking forward to getting back on track with fitness, and wish you luck in achieving your goals as well! :happy:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site