Obese? Join my September Challenge team! ~ Lori_menorahlove

Options
I am currently a team captain in Gary6030's Kick The Crap Out Of August Challenge. He has decided to do another one in September. The following is a post I composed today:

This is tough to post but here it comes... There will be a new challenge in September. I have decided to be a captain BUT the criteria to make one of the 9, now only 8 spots left on my team will be TOUGH. Due to the fact that I was once severely obese and a heart attack waiting to happen, my heart lies with those struggling with obesity. You can send me your request but I will want your height and your weight included and why I should put you on the team.

I will be looking at your BMI number and choosing based on who needs an intervention the most. This has ZERO to do with wanting to actually win the challenge. This has EVERYTHING to do with SAVING YOUR LIFE. You MUST be willing to complete all challenges, report daily, and weigh in weekly. Please do not offer to join if you are not serious about it!! Here is the link to the info post from Gary. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/317595-september-tribal-challenge-1000-people-5000-pounds

FINALLY If you want to know more about me and why I feel qualified to be your team captain here is my testimony. I have went from 247 to 135 so far:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/288403-before-and-after-pics-247-to-139-and-still-going

Beforeandafter2-1.jpg

Replies

• suse75
    suse75 Posts: 33
    Options
    I definitely want to join you. A little scared of the challenges but fear is what kept the wight on & I'm tired of it. I have a high BMI, 46+. Let me know :D
  • Brandirina
    Brandirina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What types of challenges have there been? I don't want to sign up for something that I can't physically do and disappoint the team.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I want to join!
    I started MFP on June 1st 2011 and my SW was 250 at 5'3'' thats very obese!
    I just healed from an ankle injury that had me sitting for two months but now I'm walking , biking and swimming!
    If you think WE would both benefit, Please add me to your team! I see your weight loss and It's an inspiration.
    Since you did it .. I KNOW I can do it too!
    Thank you for your consideration!

BMI 39.1
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Here is an example of a typical week during a challenge. This is to be done ON TOP of any workout you already do!

EXAMPLE:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/316898--team-perseverance-august-challenge-week-3-closed-group

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK #3: RISE OF THE MACHINES!
    This is the week three team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout
    routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact
    your team captain for ideas.
    Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge
    Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for
    the team!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER
    ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Military Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run + 3 sets of 21’s
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WeqqMeJAM&feature=related )
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 200 Jumping Jacks + 100 Mountain Climbers + 20 Lunges
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 200 Jumping Jacks + 3 sets of 12 woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 100 AB Crunches + 50 Burpees (Oh yes they are back) Up/Downs
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – Walk, run, swim, jog, bike 2 miles today. That’s it you’ve kicked your own
    butt this week!
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
    Team Challenge as a team to do at least 4000 ab crunches for the week. So a team of 20 would need
    each person to do 200 Crunches extra for the week. Let’s burn that belly fat away!
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.
    Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

******If you are interested in joining my team for September, PLEASE send me a message to my inbox Lori_menorahlover and include the following: Your weight, your height and why you want to do the challenge. SERIOUS replies only please. I will then choose the top 9 people who are in the greatest need.

THANK YOU!

LORI
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori,

My name is Veronica (AKA Nica) and I am morbidly obese. I am 5'11" and 348.9 lbs as of 8 am this morning. I lost 6.4 lbs last week, but gained it back. I have a 14 yr. old daughter that was diagnosed with cancer back in July 2010. Well, on Monday after I weighed in, we had to rush her to the ER. She was very close to renal failure. She stayed in the hospital for 10 days. I did not have an emergency plan (weight loss), so I totally fell off the wagon (durn hospital cafeteria-lol).

I need this so bad. She told me about 3 weeks ago that she would not be able to live without me (my grandmother died from complications of being overweight and most of the ppl in my family are overweight). I have been morbidly obese for over 18 years. I was on another site and lost a little over 20 lbs (mainly due to monthly challenges), but the leader was unstable and things just fell apart. I am trying so hard to do this on my own, but I find that I do better when I have support of others that are going through the same thing that I am. If you choose me, I will be the best that I can be. I am downloading the app today, so that I will have it with me at all times. I am also packing a workout bag with clothes and shoes and putting it in my car for theses types of emergencies. I vowed to myself that I will not make ANY MORE excuses.

My daughter goes into the hospital ( stem cell transplant) next week for about 1 1/2 months and after that, she will go to a Ronald McDonald House to recover. So I will be away from my home for about 3 months. I need a plan. I need the support. I need you and the teams encouragement. If for some reason I am not choosen this time around, I will keep trying until I get on "your" team:happy: :tongue: :wink:
  • Brandirina
    Brandirina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, if I qualify then! I need to really start getting active and make the weight loss happen.

My starting weight: 256 lbs.
    My current weight: 246.5 lbs.
    Height: 5'6"

I've put my weight loss goal on MFP as 56 lbs to start off with (which would get me to 200 lbs), but I need to lose a lot more than that.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    WOW Veronica!!! Ty so much for that informative post. You really have a lot to deal with!!! I am collecting all the requests and will review all the testimonials like yours above here and then I will post the names of who made the team.

I wish I could take everyone but I'm a VERY highly driven person who has WON the battle against obesity and I have a huge heart for those who struggle with it. I've been where you are. I will add anyone who sends me a friend request and then review all the entries.
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Lori. I understand. Like I said, if I am not chosen this time around, there will be more opportunities. Please, pick the ones that truly need it. I am not saying that I don't, but there is always someone out there that don't have a minute amount of motivation and I do have some. So by all means, chose the most critical. Thank you for what you are doing. I support you 110%.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Thx for the interest everyone and I will post the names of team members as we get closer to September.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Bump
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    BUMP
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    64 oz water
    50 crunches
    3 sets 12 wood chopS
    50 squat kicks
    Under calorie goal
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump :)
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Bump
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm interested
  • littlemount
    Options
    So I am intrigued about this challenge I would like to join when does it start. My weight last week was 192 lbs and ht 5ft 2 inches. definitely high BMI ,do u think i can join.

I am currently in 2 other challenges but I wish to push myself.
  • Trans4mations
    Trans4mations Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Trans4mations
    Options
    Bump!
  • Trans4mations
    Options
    Bumpity bump!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    We will officially start the 1st of September. If interested PLEASE message me your height, weight and why you want to be on the team.

At 247 I was classified as morbidly obese with a BMI of 42.4

Today at 134 I am in the normal/healthy BMI range at 23.