Looking for other moms and anyone following intermittent fasting and/or alternate day fasting

Options
Hi everyone! I'm not new to MFP but I haven't been around in a long time.

I'm a mom of four boys and have really struggled finding a way to get all the baby weight off. I love to cook and bake comfort foods so eating super clean has never been something I can stick to. I've been using Weight Watchers but that hasn't really worked for me. I have heard about IF and have done research on it but only recently discovered ADF. I'm very intrigued and I'm looking for others that also follow these types of eating plans. I'm also looking for other moms that have lost or are trying to lose the baby weight, either with IF or with another method.

Please reach out to me!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I hope you're not considering fasting for a whole day, while breastfeeding/looking after small children?

Most succesful dieters (as in, those who have made it into, and are staying in, maintenenace) have done so by leaving extreme measures behind, and found a balance for life.
  • Nama_Slay38
    Nama_Slay38 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm an IF'er feel free to add!
  • prettylady9410
    prettylady9410 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hope you're not considering fasting for a whole day, while breastfeeding/looking after small children?

Most succesful dieters (as in, those who have made it into, and are staying in, maintenenace) have done so by leaving extreme measures behind, and found a balance for life.

I'm not nursing. My kids are 2 and older.
  • MsWax
    MsWax Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't IF, but I'm a mom to 3 boys and I'd love more "mom" friends. Sending you are request!
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I used ADF after my third child to lose the stubborn baby weight and it worked like a dream. I found it pretty easy and convenient actually especially with kids not having to try and make myself special meals or anything lol. Waiting to finish BFing my littlest to try it to lose the weight AGAIN lol. Feel free to add me if you would like 🙂
  • itsahardlyfe
    itsahardlyfe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started IF 6 days ago and it has improved my life in a great way!
  • ari_s97
    ari_s97 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mommy of 1 here also doing IF :)
  • sarajames123
    sarajames123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

ADF is not extreme. Most of us use the modified version which allows you to eat 25% of your calories on the fasting day. I work full time, raise my child, and run my home all on fasting days with no problems. I even have no problem when I eat nothing on my fasting days. Unless a body is underweight, you can do just fine on no calories for one day.