Buddy Needed!

Options
Hi! My name is Naomi, and I live in Colorado. I am looking for a fitness buddy (who is female) to help keep me on track. Just someone to text with every day so we can keep each other motivated and accountable for our exercise and diet habits. I don’t need to lose much weight, only about 15lbs, but I have been trying for years and have never been able to keep the weight off for longer than a couple weeks at a time. It would be nice to have a motivational friend who is in a similar situation so that we can relate to each other. :) I love eating healthy, but I tend to binge. I am a naturally physically active person, but sometimes I push myself too hard and swing back the opposite direction by not exercising for a while because of it. I want to find balance! :)

Replies

• dtazn2
    dtazn2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I would like to take off the 10-15 pounds that I have put on since my dad passed away 2 years ago. I have been finding it hard to get motivated again. I try to eat healthy but I do have a sweet tooth. I need to get back in track...lol I am in a wedding in 2 1/2 months.
  • gloria63
    gloria63 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Please add me. I too need to lose 10-15 lbs to get down to my goal weight. I've tried Atkins and WW. I like Atkins but not too motivating. I liked WW but not for $19.99 a month for online tracking.
  • nimmle
    nimmle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! My heart goes out to you for your father. <3 I have a sweet tooth also! We can do this! We can learn how to be strong and treat our bodies with respect and love even when times get tough! I have never had a weight loss buddy before, and so I am not sure how to do this. Do I add you as a friend? Is there a button? I’ll try and figure it out...

• gloria63
    gloria63 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Go to find members (on the top of the page) and put in the username then search.
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Can i join you all? I need to lose 15lbs to hit my goal weight but that scale just doesn't move right way, whatever workout i do and however much i try to eat clean! Talking about sweet tooth??? Me there too lol will add you as, if you don't mind. Have a blessed day
    @dtazn2 Am terribly sorry, hugs to you
  • nimmle
    nimmle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @SKAVY7178 nice to meet you! Yes! I know the frustrating feeling when I try so hard and don’t see results. I have found a few things that work for me, but my main problem is dealing with stress... when the stress kicks in, my self control seems to disappear.
  • dtazn2
    dtazn2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Stress is a killer at times. Stress eating has been bad lately mainly because of work. Ugh I am going to do better....
  • fr00tloop
    fr00tloop Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on the other side of the world in Australia. I've got about 20lbs(10kg) to lose and an unsupportive family and far from ideal workplace.
    I was just a couple of kg shy of my goal weight 18 months ago, but then I went on holidays for 3 weeks and the guy I was seeing (who was a gym rat and hence quite motivating) found someone else while I was away. Since then my motivation has waned and I got a new job which has me sitting most of the day, right next to the snacks cupboard.
    More often than not, I find myself with a biscuit or sweet in my hand each time I go to the printer, without even realising what I'm doing.
    Being part of a supportive group that will help keep each other in check would be fantastic.
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    As i had stated on my status, I've put on 3lbs😕😠😭 blaming it on my periods ( sry for tmi)
    I won't weigh myself till about a week has passed or maybe two.. Will try to go on with weighing everything calmly, burn whatever i can and just move on...
    Sending you all positive vibes xx