How to meal prep?

I’m new to working out and I would love to get some meal prep recipes and how to meal prep the proper way.

Mainly for loosing weight and maintaining weight.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Cook food, put it in Tupperware... job done!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    There are no meal prep recipes. There are meal prep techniques and strategies, that in their nature will be unique to each individual. So meal prep is something you can do exactly as you want.

You also lose weight from eating less, not from meal prep.

So I suggest you find/use recipes you like, plan for when you'll be eating it, and prepare enough food for the period you want to eat it, and make sure you store it properly.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too simple. No one is going to take your reply seriously. People are looking to complicate everything in their lives ;)

lol. you know that nowadays, you have to have certain sizes and shapes of bento style containers, and each color needs to represent fruit, veggie, meat, starch, etc.

I'm all for the "cook stuff and put it in something, grab a water and off i go" method, too! :)
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hard to give a recipe based off of what little info you provided because calories/dietary concerns are different for everyone, but at least I can give you some of my staples. Please note that (just about) anything can be adjusted to fit your lifestyle/caloric needs..

Staple "meal prep dishes" that I bring to work for the week:
    Chili (turkey or beef)
    Stir-fry (chicken, beef, or shrimp)
    Pork or chicken curry
    Jerk pork with black beans and rice
    Brat with fried egg

The listed dishes all freeze well enough, are pretty customizable, and are yummy to me. As you can see, these are very different types of foods with a wide range of macros. I personally am not trying too hard to hit any macro goal each meal because I can adjust my dinner at home to fit whatever I'm shooting for. You may not give a *kitten* about macros at all and are just trying to keep calories in check.

As to how I go about it, I basically see what the hell I have a bunch of in the house and make something out of it. I take a few hours (if that) on Sunday and cook up my work week's lunches. Add up the calories of all ingredients, weigh the total amount once cooked, evenly distribute to 5 containers, and boom, done.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too simple. No one is going to take your reply seriously. People are looking to complicate everything in their lives ;)

No one takes my replies seriously anyway :bigsmile:
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    I make double or quad recipes of - chicken Fajitas - use for filling or for salad Coconut chicken curry - portion out and freeze then bag - I freeze in a bowl then dump into a baggie or vac seal - use for soup or for dinner with rice jerky - just love homemade jerky portion it out with vac sealer or baggies your choice freeze for use
    chili - always good same as above
    chicken breast - sheet pan a whole bunch after marinating - use for anything - tacos, salad, snack, dinner with veg and rice - stir fry

Shrug whatever you like! Bag it up, container it, freeze it - or use it