STESS LOSS OF 65lbs - how not to regain it please ?

Options
I am asking for my friend Joan, who after a bitter separation has lost 65lbs approx in as many days ! But now, she likes herself better, and wants to maintain the weight she is at (normal range).
She has hardly been eating though, over the last few months, some days it’s, just been cups of tea& a biscuit, some days - when she comes to my house, I have made her a proper meal, which she has picked at, but I’m not sure, what advice to give her, now she is a lot less stressed, and happy being slim again !
ANY ADVICE PLEASE ?

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. Unless your friend is willing to hop into a healthy diet and exercise regimen, at least some of that weight will be put back on once she returns to her previously normal habits.
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yes she can keep it off-Just have her enter her current stats in a tdee calculator,eat the suggested maintenance calories,wait a few weeks and then adjust calories up or down based on results if there’s any (loss /gain) :smile:
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    if she wishes to maintain her new weight and lifestyle she needs to create new habits. obviously living on tea is not sustainable or healthy longterm. Perhaps your friend could start a new hobby, take up some fitness classes or somewhat and work on her 'new and improved self image

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest she see a doctor
  • flow2mfp
    flow2mfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies, I will read them out to her, and ask her again to join on here, she has started eating more healthy, but keeps saying she isn’t hungry as much any more, perhaps in time, her appetite will improve.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I went through a “not hungry” phase and lost 30# in 3 months to get me to 120. Then things shifted and I got hungry and promptly gained back my weight. I was really really hungry. Since she’s already lost the weight however, I’d also use mfp stats and have her enter all the stuff for maintenance. But, she has to eat again. She can tweak it up and down depending on her weight. No time like the present to develop healthy eating habits. And, it would really be a shame if she regained the weight back!