Strength Training

Options
How do you classify your strength training in your diary? Just you just lump it as strength training or do you list the individual exercises? I need a way to track progress on them but not sure how to go about doing it. Advice, please!

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    My strength workouts are tracked in MFP's cardio diary for purposes of calorie expenditure. I keep a workout log in a spiral bound notebook to track my progress on individual lifts in the gym.

^ I do this as well.
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have an entry under strength that says leg day and one that says arm day. Then I put my goal number of sets and reps.

So today says arm day 3 sets 10 reps
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    My strength workouts are tracked in MFP's cardio diary for purposes of calorie expenditure. I keep a workout log in a spiral bound notebook to track my progress on individual lifts in the gym.

Same
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I track my gym sessions in a memo folder on my phone. I put a cardio entry in MFP for the calories.
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options

This is what I do as well. Just what works best for me
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You can use MFP for calories burned but if you want a app to track progress check out JEFIT. You can create custom workouts and it will notify you if you have new records for reps or weight. I used it when I would build structured workout regiments.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I have a note book where I keep track of my progress.