Went Over On Calories...Proud

Options
Amandachanges
Amandachanges Posts: 91 Member
edited August 2018 in Motivation and Support
I’m not a stress-eater, never have been. I used to be a stress-drinker. Please, don’t judge. Never in front of the kids, just at night...after everyone was asleep. Well anyways, I completely cut alcohol out at the beginning of July. I wasn’t a regular drinker, but it has been my “stress crutch” for years. So today I had a anxiety filled appointment with the gastroenterologist. I was told I have IBS-D, that my erosive gastritis is in a flare-up, and that she suspects swelling in my G.I. tract and wants me to have a colonoscopy. So...stressed! Instead of stopping at the party store on the way home, though, I just gave in on a few foods I’d been craving, still keeping calories under 2,000...for whatever that’s worth. I’m now trying to work up the energy/motivation to burn off some of those calories on my treadmill tonight. Not sure why I felt the need to share all of this, but feels good to have maintained some level of control in the face of adversity. I’m not trying to trade one Vic (alcohol) for another (food), but sometimes I think we get overwhelmed and need SOMETHING.

Replies

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome that you recognize this! You have great self awareness. :smile:
  • Realtree2429
    Realtree2429 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I understand the stress feeling and wanting to eat/ have a glass of wine. It is one of the big things that brought me here.

Learning not to panic at the "went over today's calories" is a HUGE hurdle to overcome!! I am still learning to just leave it in that one day, move on and don't punish myself for it. Or worse, throw in the towel....all over one day.

Great job and I am hoping all goes well with your testing.
  • Amandachanges
    Amandachanges Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Jen!