Aug. 1st is the official start to Hallowthankskawanzukahbamas!

Options
mram3582
mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
What do you need to run out and buy right this second? Twinkling lights? Dreidels? Turkey carver?

Replies

• mram3582
    Options
    I don't decorate for the holidays, but I am curious too....what is it about Aug 1st that kicks this off? What do people HAVE to run out and get TODAY...RIGHT NOW...THIS SECOND? Is this like an unofficial Black Friday holiday?
  • covetthycarbs
    covetthycarbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I think I’m going on strike this year. No decorations.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    I need a cermaic ghost
  • mram3582
    Options
    I need a cermaic ghost

Well, you need to hop right out and get that because there is probably already a line for them and once the Halloween stuff is gone...it is on to Valentine's Day crap. :p
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It was unbeknownst to me that there's an official/unofficial start upon August 1st, concerning all of this but I tend to use this time of the year, to buy school supplies because I always use notebooks, etcetera, even though I don't attend school and/or've any children & this' when not only's everything upon sale but there's also more variety to choose via!
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I always like the idea of decorations but when I go to actually buy some I'm just like. "Nope." I'm too cheap to be in the holiday spirit.
  • ShellyPru84
    ShellyPru84 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    October 1st is the unofficial start of the holiday season to me. August is still blazing hot summer!
  • mram3582
    Options
    but the stores have already pulled out all the holiday crap already...which means that people MUST want it this early. I'm just wondering WHAT people absolutely MUST HAVE in Aug. ??? I'm sure someone, somewhere NEEDS a snow globe right?
  • ShellyPru84
    ShellyPru84 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I could do with a snow globe.