Hello, newbie here!

Options
Hi there! I started this yesterday, so I just wanted to introduce myself and make some friends!

Let's see, goals in short: I'm a single mom of two small children, working mom, foodie on the side. I'm looking to lose a few pounds, get my strength back, and feel energetic enough to keep up with my kids! :)

Exercise-wise: I was a pretty extensive exerciser once upon a time, but a major hip injury set me back. After getting back on my feet, literally, I was in the best shape of my life. I had two children and during my second pregnancy injured my ankle, foot and spine. Aside from spending half of my pregnancy on crutches, I thought I'd never walk comfortably again - let alone find the time. My body felt weak after my daughter was born. She is now 16 months and I'm just starting to exercise again— slowly, at home. Last night I took my first exercise class and it felt amazing!~

Food-wise: I was a vegetarian most of my life, vegan for a little while. I spent many years working in fine dining restaurants, where I began tasting meats again. When I was pregnant, I started eating a little meat here and there. Now I'm going back to more vegetarian meals with my children. I try to do a few meat meals, a seafood meal, a veggie meal and one vegan meal a week. That's my rough goal.

Fortunately, my kids are not picky eaters! Balancing work and home, I try to cook healthy, quick meals as often as possible. I love to cook, and healthy cooking has always been a passion of mine.

That's about all I have to say now... I'm brand-new to this site, but I like it so far! I look forward to hearing from others out there!

Replies

• sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi! And welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like additional support and motivation.

Good luck reaching all of your goals! We have no doubt you will rock this one!
  • Lyrinosis
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm new too. The people are really supportive and friendly. Makes it really easy to to keep motivated.

You will make it happen!!
  • 3libby
    3libby Posts: 1
    Options
    yu r da same as my mom... my mom raised 3 kids bye her self until she found dis wonderful man nd da been together ever sence.. but if yu hve 30 minutes to spare 4 excersizeing yu can do the 30 minute shred... nd srry if i spelled enything wrong
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hello and welcome,:flowerforyou:
    You have a wonderful attitude and a healthy outlook, I know you will
    have great success here, it's a fabulous site with alot of support and very
    helpful tools to keep you motivated and accountable!

Please feel free to add me and we can be losers together!!!
    I wish you much success and luck on this wonderful body and
    mind changing journey!:smile:
  • shutterbec
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Wow, I feel great already!