Favorite Greek Yogurt (In the U.S.A.)

DoubleUbea
DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
edited August 2018 in Food and Nutrition
This is probably a U.S. only question.

I am using Stoneyfield organic Greek yogurt but it is on the expensive side, I don't think the stores I go to sell a non-organic variety.
I had a store brand that was awful, I ate it for breakfast and it felt like putty in my stomach for half the day. It was the same ingredients as the Stoneyfield.

Does anyone use Cabot brand? What brand Greek yogurt do you recommend?
Thank you

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I use Walmart whole milk plain. Not non-fat, though. Non-fat = gross!
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited August 2018
    I use the non-fat version and it is fine. Most other things I don't want non-fat. Thank you
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I like Chobani, particularly the apple cinnamon.
    Also Trader Joe's store brand is pretty good.
  • colorfulcoquette
    colorfulcoquette Posts: 94 Member
    I buy the Aldi store brand, they sell fat-free but I eat whole milk as well ;) The Chobani 4% when they have it at Costco.

When I used 0% I'd get the 3lb tubs of Fage from Costco. They also have their own store brand one but I never tried it.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    I'm a fan of Chobani and Tillamook plain greek yogurt.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Oikos Triple Zero is my favorite.

This is becoming my favorite too. I also love noosa, but its 2x the calories and satiates me less than low fat versions.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Honestly, I think non-fat is less forgiving taste-wise. A little extra fat smooths out any taste issues IMHO, I could only find one or two brands and one or two flavors in those brands I liked. So I switched to 2%.

Oikos Triple Zero is the only non-fat I still eat, but only a couple of flavors. Some of them seem really chalky or bitter to me. I usually get some variety of Oikos, Chobani Blended, or the store brand. The gold standard for me is Fage, but that stuff is pricey, so I haven't been able to afford it in awhile :cry:

I got a coupon for a new Yoplait variety, YQ I think? Said something about using ultra filtered milk. The Strawberry was yummy, but I only had it once.
  • colorfulcoquette
    colorfulcoquette Posts: 94 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    The gold standard for me is Fage, but that stuff is pricey, so I haven't been able to afford it in awhile :cry:

Are you by any chance a Costco member? The tubs of Fage 0% they sell are 3lbs and cost the same as the ones they sell in the grocery store that are 2lbs making it a very affordable option :)
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Chobani Flips
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Whatever is on sale. I prefer Chobani or fage, but they are often costly so I settle for store brands.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Do you guys have Liberte?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Oikos Triple Zero is the only non-fat I still eat, but only a couple of flavors. Some of them seem really chalky or bitter to me...

I like Triple Zero vanilla and all of the fruit flavors (peach, strawberry, mixed berry, banana creme, etc.), but some of the other flavors aren't so great. I'm not at all a fan of the salted caramel, coffee, chocolate, and a couple others.
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    edited August 2018
    Wallaby organic whole milk vanilla Greek yogurt is my absolute favorite. So rich and creamy and vanilla-y! I don't think it would be a cheaper substitute as it's around $7 per tub. I usually get it while it's on sale. Definitely worth it for me!
  • viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    Trader Joe's plain non-fat Greek yogurt is excellent. I usually put Splenda in it. It also makes an excellent sour cream substitute.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    The ONLY one I like is Trader Joe’s 0% fat. I don’t like the pomegranate or honey flavors though because they are too tart.
  • mjrc2
    mjrc2 Posts: 121 Member
    I usually buy Cabot Greek Plain yogurt.
  • greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    edited August 2018
    The gold standard for me is Fage, but that stuff is pricey, so I haven't been able to afford it in awhile :cry:

Fage Total non-fat Greek (especially the split cups!) is far and away better than any other I've tried. The iBotta app has had a $0.25/cup rebate on the split cups for the last several weeks; between that and a Publix 10/10 sale, they've been pretty affordable for me lately!

I like the flavor of the Chobani fruit-on-the-bottom non-fat Greek varieties, too, but I wish the texture was thicker/more similar to Fage. I have found that, if I throw the Chobani in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes prior to eating, I like the texture a bit better.

I haven't tried Oikos Triple Zero yet; I'll have to toss a couple into the mix on my next shopping trip.

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I eat Fage plain 0%. I stock up on the big tubs when Safeway puts them on sale.