Healthy frozen ideas?

Options
Looking for ideas to cool off in the summer that area healthier than freezies. We've been doing frozen yogurt tubes.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    By "healthy" I assume you mean that it contains a denser concentration of fiber and micronutrients, not lower calorie. I've heard frozen strawberries on Popsicle sticks are pretty good.
  • fruitily
    fruitily Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Make your own freezies! You can get bags for it, and can just make a smoothie base and freeze it, using either just fruit, or berries, or whatever you want.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I love Jello for a cold summer snack. Outshine bars, too. Cold fruit. Blend ice cubes with a splash of fruit juice for slushies. Etc.
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Frozen Banana Ice Cream.
    Seriously, I thought it was a joke until I tried it. Now we make it every weekend!

1 ingredient: Bananas.

1. Peel bananas, dice them into 1/2-inch thick pieces
    2. Place the pieces on a tray, put them in the freezer for 30 minutes or longer
    3. Throw them into a food processor (not a blender!), and process them for a few minutes

You're done!
    It has texture similar to ice cream, and there's only 1 ingredient.

I couldn't believe it. My wife any I make this all the time.

Cheers!
  • WaltzOfTheSnowflakes
    Options
    Frozen grapes are really yummy!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Outshine bars and frozen grapes-yay!

Frozen bananas (well, bananas in general, actually) -- boo!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I have been eating frozen cherries lately.
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas :) gonna have to try some of them.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just make a really thick protein shake and then stir in some mix-ins and eat with a spoon.

For your base- 220 calories
    4oz almond milk (20 cals)
    1/2c cottage cheese (80cals)
    1 scoop flavored protein powder (120 cals)

You can buy sample packs for protein powder so you don't have to buy a bunch of tubs and you can try different flavors.

Blend the base together with a lot of ice and stir in something fun for flavor and texture- crumbled cookie, fruit, dried fruit, chocolate sauce, mini candy, nuts, mini donut etc etc.

• elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I take Starbucks cold brew coffee, add some sugar free syrup (usually chocolate or hazelnut, and blend it in the blender with ice. You could add a bit of fat free milk, but I don't drink milk.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Yasso Greek yogurt frozen ice cream bars!!! Just tried the sea salt & caramel ones. YES!!!!
  • jalford171
    jalford171 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with any type of frozen fruit = frozen yogurt that’s high in protein :) (blend it in a blender)