Favorite Greek Yogurt (In the U.S.A.)

Options

Replies

• madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Another vote for Fage plain (Total though, not lowfat). I use it to make my own homemade yogurt so I have lots of it!!
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Living in Europe got me used to delicious 9% milkfat yogurt, but the best thing I can get on a regular basis where I live now is Fage Total 5%. You can get it plain or with the fruit add-ins. Lowfat dairy is the devil.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I love Wallaby.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    This is probably a U.S. only question.

I am using Stoneyfield organic Greek yogurt but it is on the expensive side, I don't think the stores I go to sell a non-organic variety.
    I had a store brand that was awful, I ate it for breakfast and it felt like putty in my stomach for half the day. It was the same ingredients as the Stoneyfield.

Does anyone use Cabot brand? What brand Greek yogurt do you recommend?
    Thank you

I'm having the Cabot Greek Low Fat Vanilla with blueberries and a gingersnap right now.

Cabot shares a lot of Stoneyfield's values but they are indeed cheaper, especially here in Massachusetts.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    If I want flavored, Oikos Triple Zero.

Usually, though, I eat plain Fage 2%.

Neither of these is particularly inexpensive unless on sale, though.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 0%
  • andreamariexoxo
    andreamariexoxo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I’ve been eating either the vanilla Walmart brand, or Chobani fruit on the bottom. Mango and peach are my favorites. I HATE the oikos triple 0
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    The cheapesr yogurt that I can buy w/the,fewest cals and most protein per serving is always my favorite.

In my area, this is usually Mountain High (fat free or low fat) yougurt that I can get for $2.50-$2.95/quart.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Another Fage fan here! <3
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% or 2% usually (best consistency/thickness) - usually throw in some vanilla/zero kcal sweetener for the 0%
    Fage 2% is fine on it's own (whole tastes good on it's own, just can't justify the kcals)
    Chobani )% has a more sour taste (works well for dressing stuff)
    Yet to try Oikos (seems to get mixed reviews?)

• DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I believe I tried Fage before, the store brand I tried was just awful and I don't want to go through that again.
    Thank you.
  • DoubleUbea
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Cabot shares a lot of Stoneyfield's values but they are indeed cheaper, especially here in Massachusetts.
    Cabot is a Vermont company, I do like their cheeses so I might give them a try as well.

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I’ve been making my own in my instant pot using Fage as a starter. I make one batch a week and my family devours it.
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My favorite is also my own, homemade, whole milk strained yogurt.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Fage
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I like the Kirkland Plain Nonfat Greek from Costco. I didn't mind Kroger's Simple Truth Nonfat Greek plain either, but like the Kirkland better. Those are both store brands, though.

I buy the stuff plain in giant vats, and add my own fruits/flavors.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light & Fit Greek is my favorite now. Low in sugar, great in taste. I add 5grams of Kind Peanut Butter Granola most days and that gives it a little crunch. :) There is a new Pumpkin Pie flavor that has just hit shelves here and I LOVE it!! Two of my other favorite flavors in this variety is the Apple Pie and Vanilla Coconut. The Blueberry and Banana are also good.

I also like some of the Oikos Triple Zero flavors.
  • DoubleUbea
    Options
    Fage is expensive as well. I tried Chobani, the plant isn't too far away, I don't like it as well as I like Stonyfield but it is good enough. I will try some of the other suggestions.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Fage Total. Unfortunately last time I bought some the two on the shelf had really close dates so I'm eating 2% for a couple weeks.