morning calories

Options
is 320 calories a lot for breakfast???

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    No. Even if you are going for 1200, that's only 1/4th of your calories.
  • cassieday
    cassieday Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    No mine are usually between 300 and 400. Its good to have a big breakfast because it jump starts your metabolism. As long as its healthy calories and not a ton of sugar you are good =)
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Breakfast should be your highest calorie meal for the day.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    No, that's about what I eat. I eat 5 small meals a day and each one is about 300 calories. Plus each meal contains carbs, protein and fat.
    Not everybody eats that way, but it helps keep your sugar levels normal and keeps you from having slumps throughout the day.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    No not at all. Between 300-500 is what I aim for. Since your metabolism is the highest in the morning then slows down through the day, higher calories is ideal in the morning and lowest at night. It's hard for me to stick to that, but I am working on it too.
  • micklespiffy
    Options
    That's just like two beers.
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    It's not how many calories in the morning as much as the content and nutrition of what your having. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and actually having more in the morning is much better then later in the evening/night. My breakfast is 140 calories and combines 19 grams of protein and over 70 minerals, vitamins, and superfruits but I also combine it with a bowl of oatmeal. Just
    remember to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours.. Visualize your body as a hot burning fire...without firewood it burns out and so does your bodies metabolism.

Feel free to friend me everyone for some calorie free food for thought on my page daily.... have a fit-tabulous day, Colleen
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    not at all!! :happy: :happy: you havent eaten (probably) since dinner and thats why its called "break fast"..you have to get your body fueled up for the day!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: