Tripple whammy water weight

Options
yirara
yirara Posts: 9,420 Member
Title!
Basically travelling, working out after break and tom. 1.6kg ftw! (Slowly going down again now).

Replies

• DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It's my TOM and I am up 2 lbs too. I know it's just water retention but it sucks.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yep, every time I go out of town. No biggee!
  • yirara
    Options
    Nope, no biggie of course. But 1.6kg of water weight for someone at normal weight is quite a lot and I did feel very squishy. Oh well... down 0.5kg yesterday, now down another 0.9 (I did notice that last night indeed :s ). Meh, sometimes being a woman IS annoying.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Going out tonight for some off planned eating. Along with starting new rest pause workout, I plan on seeing 5lbs at least jump tomorrow. Cheers.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    How long after getting back from travel does the water weight usually shed?
  • yirara
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »

Guess it's different with everyone. Waterweight from plane travel might get stuck on me for about a week. Train is also rather bad, but my train travels tend to be much shorter so I guess that's why the waterweight gain isn't quite that bad. Car is fairly ok. Maybe because I tend to be more active (well, driving basically) and because I have a bottle of water next to me. And turn on the music and sing along :D and stop every now and then to look at things along the way.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

For me about a week.

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Well I took a car ride last week to visit my family,it's about 3 1/2 hours away,higher altitude and I did indulge in a lot of foods while there,came back and of course TOM hit,checked my weight this morning and I'm 4 lbs up! Totally freaking out 1 or 2 lbs is one thing but 4 is just sad :#
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I dont travel but Im up 4 lbs and TOM begin tues or wed. I sometimes gain up to 8lbs during TOM. but then for me I take meds that make me retain water longer too so that doesnt help
  • yirara
    Options
    Well I took a car ride last week to visit my family,it's about 3 1/2 hours away,higher altitude and I did indulge in a lot of foods while there,came back and of course TOM hit,checked my weight this morning and I'm 4 lbs up! Totally freaking out 1 or 2 lbs is one thing but 4 is just sad :#

Hmm.. I seem to have been in a similar range after all. Down 2kg now. Looks like I lost a bit of weight travelling and hiking (I'm maintaining). Guess climbing 1300m in altitude and running down again outweighs eating a bit too much on the following days. Plus a new workout that I'm not sure yet how much energy it uses (90 minutes parkour every Monday).
  • firdragon18
    firdragon18 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

It usually goes away after three or four really good workouts.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Well..... I have to retract my expectation of 5 lbs increase.... 2 lbs decrease???? 😨
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Well..... I have to retract my expectation of 5 lbs increase.... 2 lbs decrease???? 😨

It doesn't always happen like we expect. I went on a four-day vacation a couple weeks ago and ate all the foods - logged everything and was in a surplus every day (a pretty significant surplus a couple of them), even with extra movement/exercise included. Travel plus lots of sodium and calories, I expected at least a 5-7 pound gain on the scale from water weight, extra food in my system, etc.. Weighed in the morning after my return, I was up 0.2 pounds.

Weight gain, like weight loss, isn't always linear.
  • yirara
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

:D
    Funny! Maybe dehydration, or more time on the loo :p
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    TOM here too, I can go anything from a few lbs to almost 10lbs up depending on how bad I'm craving salty snacks haha