HELLO!:)

Options
hi everyone!im andrea. in the last year i have gained 13 pounds.i really want to get back down to my previous weight of 125.i started my fitness pal about a week ago, and i log everything in, but i just cant seem to stay within the 1200 calorie range.i am so frustrated with myself!!anyway, i just filled out my profile, and i REALLY want to get on track with this weight loss, so i just thought i should introduce myself!

Replies

• andreawantstolose
    Options
    hi everyone!im andrea. in the last year i have gained 13 pounds.i really want to get back down to my previous weight of 125.i started my fitness pal about a week ago, and i log everything in, but i just cant seem to stay within the 1200 calorie range.i am so frustrated with myself!!anyway, i just filled out my profile, and i REALLY want to get on track with this weight loss, so i just thought i should introduce myself!
  • Periphria
    Options
    Hi there,

Welcome to the site. :flowerforyou:

I also am suppose to eat 1200 calories a day, but if I'm having a really hungry day, I just exercise more so I can eat more. Sometimes I workout so much that I just can't eat all my calories.

Another trick is to drink one full glass of water before you eat.

I also chew gum if I'm craving sweet things.

Sometimes gum and water are the answer to my eating to much.

Good luck to you.

Periphria
  • amykati
    amykati Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    veggies, veggies veggies.
    I keep an apple, a banana and a package of carrots with me for snacks every day... and a side salad with whatever I eat for lunch. It'll help fill you up without using many of your calories.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Okay, for some one your age you need to be eating more than 1200 calories. I recommend resetting your goal to 1/2 a pound a week. You don't have much to lose and that might give you a more realistic calorie count. Also are you doing any kind of exercise? Exercising will help you burn fat and allow you to eat more calories. the other thing is that you might just be getting a more "womanly" figure. As girls get older their hips tend to widen and they gain a little more fat on their thighs to prepare them for carrying children.

Oh yeah, welcome to MFP. Good luck.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

Try putting in your food before you sit down to eat it. I usually plan my meals one day in advance so that I am not blindsided. This also helps me know exactly how much working out I need to do as well - it is quite a motivator when I am jonsing for a Filet Mignon and shrimp.

If you are having difficulty staying within range because you are overeating, then there a lots and lots of tricks you can incorporate to prevent this from becoming a norm.

Remember that you can load up on veggies (with the exception of starchy veggies such as corn and potatoes) without fear of gaining weight. No one ever gained weight from eating a celery stick...I promise. And it is amazing how filling veggies can be. I usually have a bag of lettuce sitting next to me when I watch television. I am eating veggies all day long. I sit down to a tub of veggies every lunch, dinner and sometimes even breakfast.

Also, now is a good time to begin looking for cues about your hunger point. Are you eating because you are truly hungry or because you are bored, sad, preoccupied, etc?

I hope this helped at least a little Andrea. It's only your first week.....you're just learning. Hang on! We're all here for you!

Oh yeah, birthing hips should be an option....lol....I never wanted children - how come I didn't get to check the "no" box?
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea and welcome, I'm a newbie too!