Early morning Workout!!

For those who workout in the mornings what time do you get up and what is your routine? I Have to clock in to work at 5:45 am. Monday I want to start getting up earlier than usual, probably like 3:00 or 3:30 am so I have time to workout before work. I need some accountability partners!

Replies

• tlwagner78
    tlwagner78 Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2018
    I get up at 4:30am and workout from 4:45 to 6. I currently do cardio 3 or 4 days a week and lift 2 days. On cardio days I tend to alternate running on a treadmill and the elliptical machine. Lift days are lower body one day and upper body the other with abs both of those days.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Usually 5:20 alarm. I need to be at work at 8. Gives me enough time for at least 40-45 min workout.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    I'm up at between 5 - 5:30AM. I run 4 days a week. So on the days I run, I get up, do a light warm-up before spending between 45 minutes to an hour outdoors. Then I get back to the house and eat some breakfast within 15 -30 minutes of finishing to replenish and help my body recovery easier.

:)
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    I have been getting up at 0330 for a 0500 spin class. I like to have a coffee and feed and walk my dog, he isn’t such a fan of it.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 841 Member
    I have to be at work at 5 or 6, depending on the day, so I usually wake up at 4.

After a bit of trial and error, I decided to split up my workouts. In the morning, I do 5 minutes of yoga to wake up, afternoons I do my workout (usually yoga/bicycling/running or weights for 30 minutes), and in the evenings I do a 7 minute yoga routine to stretch out and relax. If I'm going to be busy in the afternoon, I just wake up a bit earlier and do my workout then. I like splitting it like that though. I feel like it doesn't up a huge chunk of my time and I get built-in reminders through every part of the day to value myself, my health, and my body :)
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 676 Member
    I was in the gym or out running between 4 - 4:30 a.m. every day for years. Once you establish the pattern it is easy to maintain - ahem, assuming you also like to go to bed early!! After retiring it took years to change this to a little later wake up hour........
  • AuthorNinja
    AuthorNinja Posts: 69 Member
    Oh man, I absolutely love my morning time lol. I don't care what time I have to be up and be at work/school, I'll wake up early enough to get that "me time" that I crave so much. When I have work at 8 I'm up at 5-5:15 to run and strength train. My workouts never last longer than an hour. With the rest of the time I love to sit down, drink coffee, and have some alone time. When I have school, it's the same process except I leave my house at 6:30 so I'm up at 4ish. I think what helps me the most is knowing what workout I intend to do and how long I'll be doing it. Sometimes I break up my workouts (run before school/work, strength train after) etc. Hope that helps! :)