Any suggestions to stop late night cravings

Options
Nesss13
Nesss13 Posts: 12 Member
edited August 2018 in Food and Nutrition
I’m looking for any suggestions to help with late night cravings. Doing keto (with a 1200 calorie). I do really well during the day and have my hunger controlled but later I’m having issues with cravings and I find it harder to resist those craving late at night. I’m doing meal prepping along with snacks, working out and I could be drinking more water but I haven’t been drinking as much as I should. I do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes weights. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you:)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I think you first of all have to accept that you can't stop cravings, but that you can control your eating, and that it is the eating that controls your weight.

Then you should make sure you're eating enough and well - do really well during the day and have my hunger controlled is diet talk for "am eating too little and poorly, but getting by as long as I'm busy". Your calorie need is determined by sex, age, height, weight and activity level. Don't just pick the most aggressive weightloss rate, we all want to lose weight fast, but it won't happen unless you have enough fat on your body (and you don't get to decide what "enough" means in this context).

Then investigate if you're doing too much. To lose weight, you just have to eat less (and move more). Exactly how to do it is up to you, and what you do, should make it easier to eat less (and move more), not add hurdles to it. Keto, meal prep, exercise programs, water drinnking, are all in themselves unnecessary for weightloss; each of them can make it easier for you to eat less (and move more), but they can also take away time and energy from what you need to do.
  • moppie61
    moppie61 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with a late night cravings, but I find it’s more due to boredom than anything. Sometimes when I’m watching TV I get up and look in the fridge half a dozen times hoping each time will be something new there that I can eat that’s healthy. What I do now is I allow myself to eat every 3 to 4 hours and I save a minimum of 200 cal for night time. My favorite late night snack is 2 high fiber Wasa crackers with 30 g of melted shredded cheese. Also my favourite dessert maker is Yonanas. It takes a frozen banana and some frozen fruit and makes sorbet that’s absolutely delicious. So it depends whether I’m craving salty or sweet I have two snacks that I can turn to