• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Switch to diet?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Drink diet soda.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Try diet soda. Coke Zero is pretty darn good.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Stop thinking about yourself as an addict and a helpless victim?
  • mara9999
    mara9999 Posts: 28 Member
    Try diet soda. Coke Zero is pretty darn good.

I agree! It's the best tasting diet cola and tastes the most like regular Coke to me. I also really like Diet Grapefruit sodas (Diet Squirt and generics) and Diet Mug Root Beer. As far as diet sodas go, they're pretty good! I've found for me that Diet Pepsi and Diet Dr. Pepper have the aspartame aftertaste I don't really care for - I'm sure that depends on the person though. Good luck with trying to switch things up! What about sparkling waters by the way? I'm not a huge fan myself, but know many people who love them.
  • Barrera1010
    Barrera1010 Posts: 58 Member
    Zevia dude
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    For me what worked was just quitting cold turkey. I'm a diabetic and don't need the sugar, and I dislike the taste of diet. It took about two weeks for the cravings to subside. I drink iced tea when I want caffeine.
  • Makkar86
    Makkar86 Posts: 131 Member
    @mara9999 I like sparkling water btw but sometimes my emotions over take and end up drinking what's not good for health :)
  • Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    I feel this, hard. Soda was one of my biggest vices. I just loved Coke and Dr. Pepper! So, I made a concerted effort to drink crystal lite and kool-aid (think the stuff that you drop into water, with no sugar) for like a month. And tons of tea, bc those headaches - ugh.

After a while, I decided to try the different diet sodas out there, and found one I enjoy. Coke Zero became my go-to. But, because I spent all that time drinking Crystal Lite, tt stayed with me. So, now I drink less soda over all, and only sugar-free. It still isn't good for you, but 1 20 oz Coke Zero + 2 or 3 glasses of water w/ flavor + a tea or two + my latte a day is MUCH better than just a 2ltr of Coke a day.

Moral - you just have to make it happen.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    If you're a cola drinker, start with a diet beverage that's not cola. I drink diet A&W because of acid reflux, but I love it. After awhile you can go back to diet cola and it won't seem like such a huge change. You might also check out 10 calorie sodas (just a little sugar).

There are sucralose and aspartame diet sodas. Try both.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Can you try some of the flavored sparking waters like Deer Park or La Croix? There are also some drops that you can buy to flavor plain or sparkling water that I understand are very good. I went off diet soda and switched to water years ago now. Sometimes I still miss the taste of Coke or Pepsi, but I won't take that sip, lest it addict me again.
  • Makkar86
    Makkar86 Posts: 131 Member
    @Kohanai thank u so much