Water Assault Course.. Calorie Log???

Options
So, I went to a Ninja Warrior-type, Water-based assault course today and I’m struggling to work out what to log it as. Was it swimming? Was it diving? was it climbing? was it running? was it was its core/balance activity? or all of the above?

It was 50mins, without a break in between, as you swim to the stations, run or climb on and then jump off. Any ideas on what to put?

Replies

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    There is an option for calisthenics, vigorous effort. It seems like the effort would be similar. Just a thought!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Maybe log half the time as water calisthenics and half as vigorous swimming?
  • simeon84
    simeon84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Much appreciated, I’ll have a look. I’ve used the callisthenics before, but here was such a range of things hat we did today, that I wasn’t sure what to put.
  • amwst
    amwst Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to log it, but that sounds like a fun activity!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Maybe log half the time as water calisthenics and half as vigorous swimming?

I would look at a few exercise and compare the burn. Chances are, there won’t be much difference between several vigorous exercises.

• CC170813
    CC170813 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did one today and have been wondering the same thing. My legs are burning more than an hour at the gym including leg press and 3k hitt run so I've done some good I think. Great fun isn't it!