Crispy Baked Chicken -- golden and delicious!

Options
thedreamhazer
thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
I made this last night on a whim, and I was BLOWN AWAY by how delicious it was! I had to pass it along.

Serves: 2

12 oz of boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tbsp butter (I used butter with olive oil)
1/3 cup instant potato flakes
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 large yellow onion
1 egg white
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450. Spray baking sheet. In a bowl, combine seasonings and potato flakes. Mix well, and pour out onto plate. In separate container, mix together egg white and melted butter. Coat chicken breasts in mixture (should be no more than 1-inch thick) and then coat both sides in potato flake mixture. Place on baking sheet. Cut onion roughly into large sections and place on baking sheet near chicken. This will give the chicken a little oniony-flavor. Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until cooked through.

Calories: 259
Fat: 9
Protein: 38
Carbs: 9

I served this with 1 cup mashed potatoes (from instant flakes, prepared with water and 1/2 chicken boullion cube) and 2/3 cups california medley vegetables steamed per person for a grand total of 380 calories for dinner. It was filling and SO delicious! I will be making this one again!

Replies

• NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I think I might make this one night this week. Sounds fantastic!
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Def. going to try it out.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Ooooo that sounds yummers. I make some asian crusted chicken tenders with crushed Smart Pop popcorn, crushed pecans (you can use peanuts, but my son has a peanut allergy) and sesame seeds. It's a neat flavor combination and comes out so crunchy!!! I marinate my chicken breast tenderloins in low sodium soy sauce and a splash of balsamic vinegar and we dip them in dijon mustard for an extra kick! :)))) Thanks so much for sharing. Recipes are super important to keep things fun :)
  • ladybug813
    Options
    yummy! gotta try this thanks
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    omg that sounds yummy!!! I'm going to have to send this to my hubby to try!!!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm drooling at my desk!!!
  • kctmw
    kctmw Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    this sounds fantastic. I love new baked chicken recipes. i will be trying this. thanks for sharing.
  • Damandaloss
    Options
    Bump!!
  • jtbaddison
    jtbaddison Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds great!
  • ruthyluv
    ruthyluv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • RedL1988
    RedL1988 Posts: 55
    Options
    bump.. sounds great!!
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I make something close to this but haven't in about a year because mine requires a ton a butter and I know the calories are far higher. I think I'll try your receipe..... Thanks.
  • ipeloquin400
    ipeloquin400 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump