Turning 40 this year. Starting weight loss for the first time Help!!!

Options
I turn for this year and have really never tried to lose weight although I’ve always been a big guy. I hit my highest weight ever today 290. I promised myself I would never weigh 300 and today I realized if I don’t do something about it I will. Kinda scary my BP high and to be honest I can’t really play outside with the kids very long it time to do something about it I just don’t really know where to start.

Replies

• purposeful2018
    purposeful2018 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You’ve already started. You’re here!
  • Bahamaria
    Bahamaria Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I turn for this year and have really never tried to lose weight although I’ve always been a big guy. I hit my highest weight ever today 290. I promised myself I would never weigh 300 and today I realized if I don’t do something about it I will. Kinda scary my BP high and to be honest I can’t really play outside with the kids very long it time to do something about it I just don’t really know where to start.

never tried to lose weight - promising. I’ve always been a big guy. I hit my highest weight ever today 290. I promised myself I would never weigh 300 - not promising. Not being filled with nonsense about weight and dieting, is a good thing. Thinking that some particular weight is an upper limit, and that you can avoid weight gain just by promising yourself you won't gain, is a bad approach.

You are here. I believe you've had to go through setup to reach the boards? That's where you start. You plug in your stats, pick a weightloss rate, get a calorie target to hit. If you hit it, consistently, for real, and for a long time, you lose weight. We always recommend buying and using a food scale, and to be patient. Read this: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants Please don't hesitatate to ask follow-up questions after you've read it.