How much sugar?

How much sugar in grams do you all have listed in your diary for your everyday goals? If I eat fruit I go over, I might have it set too low.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Yeah, I don't pay attention to it either. I figure as long as I'm staying at my calorie goal and getting enough protein and fiber, my sugar is probably under control anyway.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    I avoid too much added sugar, but fruits and veggies are my friends.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I would never limit my fruit and vegetable consumption just to keep my sugar intake down. I have no medical issues so it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things as long as I have a balanced diet overall.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    The last time I was tracking, I was trying to keep to 50 grams or less. But that was to help control some GI symptoms.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Another one who has no medical reason to specifically track sugar, so I track fibre instead.
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    I found that being close to my macros each day and just tracking overall, I rarely get an excess of sugar. I’m not a big fruit eater and managing overall calories has taken out most of my added sugar intake because high added sugar often means too many calories to be worth it. (And I STILL eat pie, ice cream and cookies.)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,893 Member
    Another one who has no medical reason to specifically track sugar, so I track fibre instead.

Ditto
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    I find I go over my recommended sugar some days because I eat fruit, but I keep an eye on my carbs and try to meet my goals there. I enjoy my fruits and the good ones have good fiber. My husband is diabetic, so we track his carbs like a hawk.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Even diabetics can have sugar. They are still glucose burners. A candy bar, like a snickers, may not be the most filling thing to spend calories on, but it has enough fat and protein to blunt the quick release of sugar in it. That's why it's good for after a blood sugar drop out, while as close to pure glucose is good for treating.
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    I don't worry about natural sugars from fruits and veggies. I try to limit how much added sugar I eat most days (although I still enjoy a small soda once or twice per week and I have a piece of dark chocolate most evenings).
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    I don't track it but out of curiosity I look. Most days about 75ish grams