Do u feel going premium truly helps u lose weight...

Options
I’m debating on going premium due to the fact is advertised that people are more likely to hit their goals w premium I have had this app since 2015 and now contemplating it... thoughts?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it say "reach your goals faster"? That should make you very cautious. Buy premium if you feel the features are useful to you.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    What are your sticking points with using the free version? Are you more likely to use something if you are spending money on it so that you get your money's worth?

I bought Premium to get rid of the ads on my Android phone. I like setting my goals by gram but percentages worked just fine.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I've never found any of the features to be worth the money to upgrade for me. Of course it also doesn't eliminate any of the other issues already going on with MFP.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think premium is really just to support a service you find useful. I don't think the additional features have much if any impact.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    What are your challenges with doing the free version? Are those challenges fixed by the premium version? It's not going to cook for you, and it's not going to log for you, so if those are part of the reason you don't stick with it, then premium won't fix it. Like said above, if having that cost makes it more likely you'll stick with it, then great. If there are features that you'll use and make your experience better, then also great.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I pay for something I value it more than if it was free - perhaps when people are paying for premium they are more likely to be consistent with their logging because they don't want to "waste" what they're paying for?
  • balla8701
    balla8701 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You all have very good points honestly I have had the app since 2015 but have never ever stuck with it😞I’m at a point in my life right now that I truly wanna lose weight and be fit and in good health. So I just feel if I did purchase it would be worth my money because I’m actually serious but if I’m told by others that there’s not much difference from the premium to the free I guess there’s my answer 🧐
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I got premium because I wanted to be able to set my calorie goals differently for different days/meals. I also felt I needed other flexibilities offered.
    Now, 7 months in, it is not as important because the habits are more established. I still track my calorie total by the week and I may or may not renew next year. Let's see how maintenance goes.
  • lalawaterlala
    lalawaterlala Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you can keep logging in consistently for 1 month straight then buy premium. If you cant keep the habit for 1 month then dont waste your money
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    balla8701 wrote: »
    You all have very good points honestly I have had the app since 2015 but have never ever stuck with it😞I’m at a point in my life right now that I truly wanna lose weight and be fit and in good health. So I just feel if I did purchase it would be worth my money because I’m actually serious but if I’m told by others that there’s not much difference from the premium to the free I guess there’s my answer 🧐

Read up on what the differences are between the free and premium versions. If there are specific features in the premium version that you feel will help you, maybe it would be worth the investment. If not, save your money.

Personally, I've been quite successful with the free version (both losing the weight and maintaining the loss) and don't see anything in the premium version that I feel is worth upgrading for.