Atkins Diet after a Master Cleanse

Options
Hi,
I finished my first Master Cleanse detox diet 17 days back , which I did for 30 days - during this time my weight dropped from 129Kg to to 107Kg
Since this time I have been mainly on a liquid fruit and veg diet ( soups and smoothies ) and have also been intermittent fasting for 18/6 - I have had a 2.5Kg gain in weight which I attribute to water and muscle gain due to an increase of exercise started half way through the cleanse and now built up to 45 mins 6 days a week ( swimming 1.6 Klm daily).
I am now considering going on the Atkins Diet and would like to have some opinions in this regard - furthermore should I do so would it still be necessary for me to go through the induction phase given my recent dieting.
My target weight is to achieve 98 Kg

Replies

• moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I finished my first Master Cleanse detox diet 17 days back , which I did for 30 days - during this time my weight dropped from 129Kg to to 107Kg
    Since this time I have been mainly on a liquid fruit and veg diet ( soups and smoothies ) and have also been intermittent fasting for 18/6 - I have had a 2.5Kg gain in weight which I attribute to water and muscle gain due to an increase of exercise started half way through the cleanse and now built up to 45 mins 6 days a week ( swimming 1.6 Klm daily).
    I am now considering going on the Atkins Diet and would like to have some opinions in this regard - furthermore should I do so would it still be necessary for me to go through the induction phase given my recent dieting.
    My target weight is to achieve 98 Kg

Consistency will make weight loss easier. Jumping around from diet to diet will not help you to achieve your goals long term. Find something that works for you and stick to it for more than 4 months. Then reevaluate your progress and go from there. Honestly, when it comes down to it it is CICO (MFP standard)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you are still likely protein deficient - this is not healthy and will lead to muscle wastage not gain.

I received this in an email from a dietetics group this morning.... Thought it quite fitting for this tbread

https://examine.com/nutrition/detoxes-an-undefined-scam/
This discussion has been closed.