MyFitnessPal and Garmin

Options
Man it has been a pain to link my MyFitnessPal account with my Garmin for calories. Any idea?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Did you look at MFP's instructions and follow them? I've had my Garmin linked to MFP for nearly a year and it has worked flawlessly the entire time. You do have to manually sync the calories on Garmin Connect to get it to read from MFP.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I intermittently uninstall and reinstall MFP to speed it up, and I had trouble last week re-connecting Garmin and MFP.

It worked when I connected MFP to Garmin, then connected Garmin to MFP.

Or, I just held my mouth right.
  • Burandt80
    Burandt80 Posts: 37 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Yeah, I have and it keeps saying wait a minute to finish sync but never finishes
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Call Garmin's phone customer service. They are AMAZING. They've helped me with pretty much every Garmin glitch I've encountered over the years (and I've had many.)
  • RickInHouston
    RickInHouston Posts: 13 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Do you guys update your firmware on your Garmin? Look into it.

I replaced my Garmin Forerunner with a newer Garmin VivoActive Music 3. After a learning curve, couldn't be happier. I do miss the running interval tones before it buzzes...

Mine syncs with MFP almost instantaneously after walking in the door after a run (leave my phone at home, don't know if it syncs via bluetooth with phone or wifi).

I've stopped eating my exercise calories, though. I was getting 500 - 700 calories added after a run / walk (bad, old knee).
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Burandt80 wrote: »
    Man it has been a pain to link my MyFitnessPal account with my Garmin for calories. Any idea?

It’s unfortunate for some garmin you have to manually do it.
    The garmin site to the MFP is automatic
    It’s just the garmin watch to the garmin site that’s an issue.

With some garmin even if you added the device it still disconnects. Garmin must have Bluetooth set on, but some you have to go to settings manually on your watch and automatically gets connected.

Then go to Garmin site on your phone (must have app on phone with watch device added w/ Bluetooth set to on ) you’ll see it’s connected and updates
    and MFP diary gets done automatically.

Hope that helps, if not there is always customer service.
    Good luck!