Sleep

Options
2»

Replies

• jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    5-6, 7 if I'm really lucky. I wake up multiple times per night, and I rarely enter deep sleep. Thanks pre-menopause for effing up my sleep completely :(
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    6-ish. But I'm up anywhere from 2-3 times in that time.

And then, often, a short nap on the bus on the way home because I'm that tired, I just fall asleep.

Last week, somehow I managed nearly 7 hours (like about 6:45) 3 nights in a row, and actually managed to stay awake on the bus.
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Around 6hrs - always interrupted. If only I could sleep thru the night!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Sleep? I have forgotten what a good night sleep is. I am normally asleep by 11 pm and wake up at around 5:30 with a few trips to the toilet overnight. A good night would be around 6 hours.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Not enough. Since we started getting hot weather I'm really struggling to get more than about 6 hours. Occasionally I'll get a day when the tiredness catches up and I'll sleep anywhere from 8 to 9 hours (I get the feeling tonight might be one of those days. I do not feel awake today.
  • emjay196363
    emjay196363 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    7- 8 if my thyroid is working right, 9-10 when it isn't.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    thanks to insomnia Im lucky to get 3 hours.
    thats not being able to get to sleep till around 3am most nights and then waking every 40-45mins and struggling to then get back to sleep.

even sleeping tablets from the doctor had zero effect. I think slep is overrated anyway (she says through gritted teeth) :D
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    6-8, sleep is critically important for longevity.
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I’m generally right at 6-7 hours too. Pretty good since I have an 8 month old. Ideally I’d get 8. Wow I’m surprised this is such a widespread problem. I read an article that Americans are getting less sleep than ever, and this little survey supports that.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    5-6 during the week and 7-8 on the weekends.