Weird i know...Help me be lazy O_O

Options
JaydedMiss
JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
edited July 2018 in Motivation and Support
I have been so burnt out for so long, I lost 110 pounds and admittedly developed some excessive activity during. Normally its good, Because yum food. Lately my jobs pretty much exploded i may be losing all my income soon my grampas in the hospital near death (My only family whose been there for me) My low life brother got a girl pregnant and will likely run away leaving her. Iv put on 10-15 pounds and seem unable to not eat *kitten* so i walk ALOT. MY house is a disaster zone. I feel like im spread to thin and need to chill.

My goal today was to not take my slippers off. Sort of limits me to my bed in my mind. Doesnt really work im cleaning instead, Sort of okay since its badly needed and will help me sort of mentally relax.

My thing is though i dont seem to know how to slow down. Even on the day i told myself im going to do nothing my minds racing through cleaning and laundry and going to the bank and going to the grocery store etc etc etc. While im literally to mentally drained to even text my friends because being social would take energy i dont have.

Iv always been someone antisocial and i describe it like a battery, When my battery has sufficient time to recharge (say a night alone in bed watching tv and a good sleep) Im a solid adult human being who can take on my day to day tasks. It appears that right now especially im in a spiral of not being able to get that recharge....Everythings being effected and while everythings blowing up on me and im so compulsed to be active while mentally drained its a bad mix.

Curious if you guys have anything that may help, I feel like im even just a very slight mind shift away from getting sort of back on course here so any advice to be a bit more ....relaxed...Or even anything to think deeply about or some self love exercises ...whatever. Im a bit desperate to shut my brain down for a bit and recharge here.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Mental health day. Turn on Netflix and binge watch something you love. Cut yourself off from the rest of the world, especially from here.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your Grandpa and possible job loss. Do you have other job prospects?

Being active helps mentally, so maybe just slow down during each task. Don't rush though household chores. Take your time to dust, sweep, fold laundry, etc. I'm a fairly active person and oftentimes I find myself racing through my household tasks for no reason. I'm not in a hurry. So, I keep doing them but make myself slow down the process. Just $0.02.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Have you tried mindfulness meditation? It really helps me at least slow down the rushing thoughts. I downloaded Calm on my phone and there are guided beginner meditations as short as 10-15 minutes. They also have Sleep Stories, which is basically your phone tells you a bedtime story :lol: and I find concentrating on the story blocks out the thoughts and I fall asleep.

Do you have any TV series you've been meaning to watch? I will basically make an appointment every night to watch one episode of a series every night, as I know that is like 45 minutes I will chill out and pay attention to something else. I've been working my way through the Netflix Marvel shows right now. Reading works for me too, but I know others who can't concentrate on a book when they're too wired. And TBH sometimes my time posting here is used as time to deal with other peoples crap rather than my own!

I hear you about recharge time. I am useless if I don't get some regular time in my cocoon.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you're going through a lot right now.

It's tough to dial things back in after we've been fighting for so long to 'get going', but one thing that will chill me most of the time is playing computer games. I get lost in these things way too easily though, so be careful lol
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Have you tried mindfulness meditation? It really helps me at least slow down the rushing thoughts. I downloaded Calm on my phone and there are guided beginner meditations as short as 10-15 minutes. They also have Sleep Stories, which is basically your phone tells you a bedtime story :lol: and I find concentrating on the story blocks out the thoughts and I fall asleep.

Do you have any TV series you've been meaning to watch? I will basically make an appointment every night to watch one episode of a series every night, as I know that is like 45 minutes I will chill out and pay attention to something else. I've been working my way through the Netflix Marvel shows right now. Reading works for me too, but I know others who can't concentrate on a book when they're too wired. And TBH sometimes my time posting here is used as time to deal with other peoples crap rather than my own!

I hear you about recharge time. I am useless if I don't get some regular time in my cocoon.

Meditation has always seemed weird to me but im definatly down to try it if it will help. I like the idea of a date with tv each night. I watch tv but i dont really...focus. Its always background sound
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Mental health day. Turn on Netflix and binge watch something you love. Cut yourself off from the rest of the world, especially from here.

I was going to say the same, but recommend a walk in the woods. Find a nice log to sit on and just breathe.
  • MissFrench2017
    MissFrench2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Download app Calm or some meditation assistant or Japanese garden zen music give self nail spa treatment, busy but gentle
  • ChristianMomWifeFriend
    ChristianMomWifeFriend Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Sorry you asked how to calm down and I'm motivating you to clean. I swear a clean house clears the mind. ;)
    d3zi795c08ft.png
    t3wo2xy90eyz.png
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Is yoga out of the question? It helps me with so much. Hugs, darling, you’ve done so well.
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the hard times you’re going through. Maybe a crazy thought but I was once stuck in my own head and couldn’t get seem to get away from all the gnawing voices inside, so I decided that I’d do something for someone else. Find some one struggling a little more than you are and take them for coffee or a drink or whatever it is they need. It will take your mind off of things and will make someone else’s day! You never know. Best of luck to you!!
  • perkele69
    perkele69 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Some things are out of our immediate zone of control. I think that’s why you’ve cleaned/gone shopping. You can visibly see that you’ve a difference once you’ve cleaned or have food in the house.

Because you can’t do anything about your grandad/brothers situation/immidately change your work situation, but want to change these things.. that’s why you’re restless and making instantly rewarding smaller changes.

This is one of the toughest periods of your life right now, so don’t stress about it if you can’t relax. With time, things will change and you’ll adjust as time goes on.