What to do? Need this weight GONE!!

Options
Hello all,

I'm new to MFP, a very frustrated person:sad: . I need 40 lbs GONE...to some it may not sound like much, but to me it's WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. Last year I lost 50lbs basically done tons of cardio. I stopped due to emotional problems. Of those 50 I've gained 20, plus at that time I had another 20 I wanted to loose, so all together I need to drop 40. I can't seem to shed a pound. My boyfriend took a picture of me Sun night that he showed me yesterday...I didn't know that's what I actually looked like sitting down. Fat just spreads and splatters everywhere..I'm rather disgusted with myself and a bit depressed.:cry: I gained those 20 lbs from March to now...it was all of a sudden. I should also add that I have an underactive thyroid, and from March til the beginning of August I also was not on my medication due to lacking a doctor. (I now am back on my meds since 8/1). Just wondering what's everyone doing to loose the weight to see what can I try. Thanks!! :happy:

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy and work out. Simple.
  • danamfinn
    Options
    Stay positive! Are you an emotional eater? I hope things work out for you, now is the time to make the change!
  • amaodonnell
    amaodonnell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just keep in your calories and keep working out. It wont be off by tomorrow or in a month. But it will get the weight off gradually and you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Okay, Lady.... just breathe. We all need those 'wake up calls' from time to time. So now all you have to do is plan your diet and exercise... and execute it. By the end of the year, you should be back on track.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie. . You can do it. . .. just got to pick your nose off your bootstraps. . . tie em up tight and get out there and kick some tail!~ Welcome aboard the journey

Remember "Today is the first day of the rest of your life!" I like this quote so I thought I would share. . or "FINISH STRONG. . you do have it in you"

Good luck to you.
  • eamestwin123
    eamestwin123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Check out the "Dukan Diet", it's great for getting you started in your weight loss and if you can stick to it and not "fall off course" you will see results that are pretty quick and LAST.
    You can lose up to 10lbs in the first 2 weeks and continue losing gradually as long as you follow the plan precisely and workout for atleast 20-30 mins a day.

Good luck!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Its great that you know you can lose weight. You have to stick to it, ESPECIALLY AFTER YOU ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL.

If pictures help, then keep taking pictures.
  • klick86
    klick86 Posts: 11
    Options
    no snacking!!! i have a very bad back so find exercise very hard and painfull to do so im doing a lot of walking fingers x it works also healthy eating
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Give the meds some time to work. The weight will come off. I also have hypothyroidism..and since being on the meds..the weight is coming off.

Eat right..and exercise..hang in there..it will happen..but with medical issues..it may take a bit longer
  • sarainhove
    Options
    Hang in there and don't be so hard on yourself. A calorie counting program really works because it is just sensible science so don't give up. Sensible weight loss is gradual. Just be sure to never under-eat the guideline amount of calories whether you exercise on that day or not because that will affect your metabolism. To succeed - focus on getting at least 3 hours of good cardio per week (70-85% maxHR) and drink loads of water - add squeezed lemon juice if you don't like plain water. You can do it :-)
  • avarielle1215
    avarielle1215 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy and work out. Simple.

Yes, the logic is VERY simple; eat less and move more. I think we all know that it is not that easy in practice however. It takes dedication, diligence, and patience.
  • prettyone822
    Options
    Thank you all!!! @mgmlap your right, I need to give meds some time to get in system. Just upset because I've been watching what I eat, drinking TONS of water, plus hitting the gym but the scale seems to be going backwards :(