My lil story.

Options
Well my name is Sam, I’m 24 and I have cushings disease. It started when i was 19. There is no cure for it, the only option is weight loss surgery or to try to lose the weight yourself. I was approved for
The gastric sleeve but decided to not go thru with it after I attended the seminar. This ISNT the most I’ve ever weighed. When I was pregnant with my daughter I got up to 290lbs. The problem with cushings disease is that you carry ALL of you’re weight in your belly. So that’s my main problem area. The rest of my body is proportionate my belly is just very big and sticks out( kind of like a pregnant woman)
My boyfriend has offered to go to the gym with me but he’s about 100lbs smaller then me so we wouldn’t be focused on the same things at the gym. He also tells me that he loves me for me and that my belly doesn’t bother him but I’m not doing it for him. I’m doing this for ME. I’ve been unhappy with my body for a long time and I just want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and love the person I see.
It’s gunna be REALLY hard but I’m gunna do it

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    The good news is, that even with your medical issues, all you need for weight loss is a calorie deficit. Eat fewer calories in a day than your body uses. You can do it!
  • FatJenRN
    FatJenRN Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It’s definitely going to be a tougher road with Cushings...I sent you a friend request 😊
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I think you are brave to be willing to take on this journey, despite having a serious medical issue. I foresee success in your future!!