Determined to stay on the wagon

Options
I'm back! I'm 49, will be 50 in Feb 2019. I've been struggling with high BP and high cholesterol for about 2 years, when most of my life my levels had been low to normal. High BP is for the birds and I do NOT like being on medication to stabilize it. So, I'm back. The only difference this time is i'm trying to make changes to improve my health...but I will not turn my nose up at any perks that come along with the change, like losing weight and having energy. B)

Replies

• elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Good for you! My 50s were a great decade - I felt so empowered. I too have HBP and I know what you mean about taking the medication, plus my cardiologist put me on additional medicine!! I'm with you on getting healthy and I'm liking the weight loss benefits that come with it. Much success to you!
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I’m 44 and have hypertension. This program works. I’ll gladly send you a request if you need great support
  • EliteCoachKal
    EliteCoachKal Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki! We can push ourselves to do something we don't like for a period of time, but usually not for long enough for the long-term success we desire. This is why so of us start a new program, have success for a while, but ultimately quit and gain back all the weight they lost or more! Staying on 'the wagon' is all about making subtle shifts in your mindset so that the mechanics of getting healthy (diet/exercise) become easy to maintain for the long-term. Please feel free to add/connect if you like. I wish you all the best on your journey! :)