200+ to lose need support

Options
Been trying so hard for over a year to lose this weight.would like to make friends and have that support group.I went and got a Samsung Gear Fit 2 and Joining MFP sure will help .You can add me

Replies

• sharmashub88
    sharmashub88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do that....
    Be positive & stay focus..
    God bless you...
  • zombiebuddha126
    zombiebuddha126 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Best of luck 👍🏻
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Remind yourself that you are a long distance runner, not a sprinter. And looking at the whole goal all at once can be overwhelming. Set yourself small goals and celebrate them along the way.
  • truff69
    truff69 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi and a warm welcome to MFP. Like you I have 200+ to lose, but after just 5 weeks I've already lost 24lbs! For the first time in many years I'm starting to believe that I can lose this weight - just log your food (all of it!), eat fewer calories than you need and it will happen for you.
  • hindslucie
    hindslucie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself. 💪😍🌞
  • newladykb2016
    newladykb2016 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck. I myself is starting today. I have pushing just to eat heathier and track my food intake daily. This site helps a lot I have done it before.
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you! You can do it. Take your time...One day at a time! I have 100 pounds to lose, so I completely understand your journey. We didn't gain overnight, and we must fight this battle of the bulge together. We are 100! behind you. Log your food and exercise everyday...
  • jsalazar8714
    jsalazar8714 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there. The truth is we can do all things through Christ Jesus if we let him be our strength. I’m 31 with no athletic back ground I was a lazy mean and selfish youth and it leaked into my adult hood. At some point Christ saved me, after that I experienced some true heart ache. As time passed I thought If God we’re to ever give me a mate and Childeren I’d want to be there for them in all ways I realized my body was ill and very limited from the life I had lived. How would I run with them or for them, how would I scoop my wife up in joy or in reacue ... I started riding a bike everywhere I went the first day 22 miles and that night I had the worst charley horse ever !! But I kept at it. Later thoughts of failure and embarrassment flooded my mind, but I kept on, I joined a gym where they train jiu jitsu and boxing my first endurance class left me thinking what’s the point I don’t belong, but I came back and I kept coming back all along struggling with lower back pain, a sore knee, and I struggle with gout from time to time.but I was blessed to push through. I’m flabby and awkward I’m shy and just had my heart very broken by the only person I thought would ever love me, but I still get up and go to the gym I keep up with the guys who actually have athletic backgrounds and can out box a few of them but we’re all learning and enjoying. So keep on ms. And when you feel like quitting pray hard and decide to quit tomorrow but not today. And when your rewards flow in and they will you won’t even notice some of them don’t become complacent but work harder pray more and be grateful. Stay vigilant and remember Jesus loves you.
  • EliteCoachKal
    EliteCoachKal Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Been trying so hard for over a year to lose this weight.would like to make friends and have that support group.I went and got a Samsung Gear Fit 2 and Joining MFP sure will help .You can add me

Hi Susan! You've taken an amazing first step by recognizing the issue and asking for support. Getting healthy is 80% mindset 15% diet and 5% exercise. When you condition your mind for success properly the changes become easy to maintain and then it's just a matter of time. :) Best of luck, and feel free to contact me personally if I can support you.