A bit unorthodox but it’s working for me

Options
mhlew
mhlew Posts: 377 Member
edited August 2018 in Success Stories
Firstly- I’m not recommending this but 2 things that I do (that people say you should not, and should do are below). So far I have lost about 15-16 lbs in he past 6-7 weeks or so doing it this way.

1) I weight myself daily every morning. I wrote down my weight and what time I weighed myself. If I have a weight fluctuation I write down why I may have had an increase, etc.

2) I don’t weigh my food, log my food, count calories,etc - right now I do IF, and it’s working for me. As for food portion, what you eat all I use is common sense in regards to gauging portion size, what’s the best food choice, etc.

Let’s face it we are busy and I feel it’s too tedious to log every day in my opinion. Use common sense, make good choices and read success stories is what works for me! Make it simple and you will succeed.

Replies

• mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    People always say to not weight yourself everyday, I personally have been doing it every single day for years. I just know that weight naturally fluctuate. What I find less good about what you do is writing down why you think it fluctuate. weigh can increase of decrease by +1 to -1 overnight, but it doesn't mean it will stick, and it should be the same for you.

Having more or less water the day before can make your daily weight change. Eating carbs (or not) for dinner can make your daily weight change. Sweating all night, having more salt, drinking alcohol... etc.

I think that you should maybe write it down or analyse it weekly instead of daily, but really it all depends on how it affects you and how realistic your expectation are.

Good luck!
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @mariluny I understand that weight it will naturally fluctuate plus or minus however if it fluctuates in the plus side I write down the reason why I have fluctuated (ie I had beers last night) as a reminder not to get discouraged and it’s natural, and hears my reason why.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Please keep an eye on the scale.
    Eating OMAD can sometimes lead to under eating, or not fulfilling your nutritional needs.

Right now you are averaging around 2lbs a week, that is fine if you have 75+lbs to lose.

If you have less, especially under 50lbs to lose, 1lbs a week is a reasonable goal.

Too aggressive a weight loss can lead to an excess of muscle loss and other health problems.

You may find a weight trending app useful, happyscale, trendweight, etc.

Counting calories is not needed for weight loss, just a calorie deficit, so you do you.

If you find you are struggling at any point, be willing to adjust your approach.

Cheers, h.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!