need breakfast tips

Options
using all of my calories at breakfast. what is a healthy breakfast with low calories? thanks

Replies

• lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    greek yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    boiled egg w/ miricale whip and whole wheat toast
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    Omelets, greek yogurt, oatmeal
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Smart ones and lean cuisine make some good breakfast meals. Otherwise check out hungrygirl.com. Egg mugs are the best!
  • lilfunch
    Options
    QUAKER OATMEAL W/LOW FAT MILK ,PECANS.RASNS A LITTLE CIN AMD NUTMEG, BROWN SUGAR. I EAT AT 5 AM AND DON'T GET HUNGRY TILL ABOUT 10 AM.
  • THCamel
    THCamel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    2 Egg white scrambled with Ham = 70-80 cal :)
  • OlibecaMom
    Options
    I love "Loaded Scrambled Eggs"...

12 medium eggs
    10 links turkey sausage (Banquet)
    1/2 cup shredded cheese
    12 spears asparagus, chopped
    1/2 red pepper, chopped
    1 cup spinach, torn
    3 green onions, chopped
    3 cloves garlic

Warm up frozen sausages, crumble/chop and place in a bowl. Press the garlic into the pan, add the eggs, start to let them scramble, add cheese, asparagus, pepper, spinach, and onions. Cook for a few minutes, add the sausage. Finish cooking. Serve immediately or put into small containers and freeze. Great to take to work for breakfast or lunch. Simply warm in microwave! Makes 6 servings.

Per serving:
    235 cal
    5 carb
    14 fat
    19 protein
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I do a packet of oatmeal every morning. OR whole-grain english muffin with PB on it, same english muffin but with egg beaters on it (you can put a few tbsps in a small dish and microwave for a fluffy egg you can do at work!) and if I have time, egg beaters on the stove before i leave the house, toss in a little cheese, meat, veggies, etc..
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I typically eat fruit, yogurt, maybe toast, (maybe all three if I'm hungry! ) haha
  • JessieEstes84
    Options
    Egg beaters and turkey bacon!
  • kristofferbas
    kristofferbas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm eating oatmeal with lingonberry jam and milk, keeps me full for a long time and it's super tasty :)

/k
  • jackieb79
    Options
    I had a yogurt and a banana today.
  • kandy221
    kandy221 Posts: 79
    Options
    fiber one cereal, turkey sausage, egg whites, yogurt.... foods high in protein will keep you feeling full.
  • VidaSana
    VidaSana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My breakfast normally consists of:

A handful of raw, natural almonds (about 15-20 almonds)
    1/2 banana
    1 Packet of plain oatmeal, sweetened with a touch of honey.

This is a pretty well balanced breakfast. Filling protein in the almonds (also an excellent source of Vitamin E and Calcium), good energy and nutrients from the banana, and something of "substance" like the oatmeal. This keeps me full all the way until about 1-2pm.

For this, you're looking at about 335-350 calories.

For lower cal,
    Have 1 cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal (full of protein, natural, and hearty, so filling)
    With 1cup of Almond, or low fat/skim milk
    Throw some blueberries on top.

Roughly 250 calories.

With a healthy, nutritious breakfast, I don't even worry about calories. If anything I prefer most of my calories to be eaten in the morning, and each subsequent meal has lower calories. Dinner having the least amount.

Jenny =)
  • Mimi8100
    Mimi8100 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just discovered southwestern flavored egg beaters yesterday. They are DELISH! I used 1/4 cup of egg beaters (30 cals), add an egg, 3 turkey sausage links, and spinach and made a fantastic omlette.

Today I had yoplait light yogurt w/granola - 100 cals and coffee. There's a 190 cal version that tastes better that you can also try.
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    There are some good low-calorie breads out there. I'm currently eating Sara Lee 45 Calories and Delightful wheat bread, toasted with a little Smart Balance light buttery spread and some raspberry preserves. Look at the nutrition labels on all of those things, though -- some breads, some butters and some jams are significantly better or worse than others.

Juices can also torpedo a good breakfast. I learned that one 12 oz. bottle of orange juice is pretty much my sugar allowance for the day! I'd recommend Old Orchard Healthy Balance juices. My mom started drinking them when she was diagnosed with diabetes because they are low sugar. They're also low calorie and tasty!

I used to have a McDonald's breakfast habit. To wean myself off that, I did Jimmy Dean D-Lite's breakfast sandwiches or Lean Pocket breakfasts. They're ~300 calories and ~9g fat, which is a bit high for me know, but a big improvement over McDonalds!

That said, I still have a weakness for big breakfasts on the weekend. I try to fill omelets with as many veggies as I can, then run errands to work them off.
  • kodigirl17
    kodigirl17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had the following yesterday and it was really good! Only 289 callories

Healy Life English Muffin - 90 Cal
    1/4 cup egg substitute - 30 Cal
    Reduced Fat Shredded Chedder Cheese - 45 Cal
    3 thin slices of avocado - 50 Cal
    1/4 teaspoon of hot sauce - 8 Cal
  • JacqueeeP
    Options
    If you are calorie heavy on one meal, it should be breakfast- that way your body has the whole day to burn them. If youre trying to simply get your calories down- what are you eating for breakfast now that is so high?

Here are some of my breakfasts that i usually turn into a couple of morning snacks instead of one large meal:

Grapefruit! Grapefruit is a great way to jump-start your metabolism in the morning. Many sources say that grapefruit is a "negative calorie" food, maning that your body burns more calories digesting than it contains itself. Many diet programs recommend a grapefruit first thing, or even a glass of lemon water each morning.

Greek Yogurt is a great source of protein, probiotics, and gives you that calcium that aids weight loss. Egg whites are a great way to start your day as well, maybe on Orowheat "Light" bread as a sandwich for more "fill." A small bowl of high fiber cereal. Celery and natural peanut butter ( I like Skippy). Fresh fruit. Banana with peanut butter. light bread/ toast with hummus.

Hope this helps! Happy Breakfasting!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I usually do two scrambled eggs. You could also add veggies to them.
  • Tiffani3089
    Tiffani3089 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Used to eat smart ones for breakfast but A. They are kinda expensive-ish to be eating every day and B. Sodium level is STUPID

I usually make an egg "mcmuffin"

Toast an english muffin
    Get a slice of 2% cheese or sprinkle fat free cheese
    one egg made in a large mug in the microwave
    3 slice of premade bacon -- or slice of ham

Easy breakfast to go --- and they freeze well so make ahead for a week :) About 250Cals - Keeps you full and its yummy :)