Weight in 5 weeks

Options
I have a complaint, this estimated weight you will be at in 5 weeks is so not true. I have been faithful to working out and eatting right and still am stuck at the same weight for over 4 weeks now. This 5 week estimate should not get people's hopes up. It sucks because I am ready to throw in the towel. I have been working out for 25 days and eatting right most of those days except maybe 5 and drinking all my water and measuring my body on scale and with tapemeasure and still not getting results. Yes I lost 11 pounds which 8 of those come off with in the first week because I was on medicane that made me gain the 10 then lose it really quickly when I stopped taking the meds. I hate this and this is why I never finish. I am 5 days away from finishing my work out goal of 30 days. I will do that but it really makes me mad that I keep going back and forth between 223 and 226. I have been at this weight for over 2 years now. Come on something has to give.

Replies

• LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    i am in the same boat for almost 3 weeks...not sure what to do...
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Cheating on 5 days out of 25 means that you cheated for 20% of that time frame. Or you can word it differently. You can say that you only put in 80%, as opposed to your all. Sometimes it is really hard to fight temptation, but you really need to stick with it. I hope you find your motivation this month!
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    i'm right there with ya! when i started at 243, it said after my diet and exercise id be 217.. 5 weeks later im 233. It lies!!!! but at first it's good motivation. but, with my weight, i'll take what i can
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    At the very least you should be eating 1200 calories a day, maybe you need closer to 1500? Since you're exercising so much =]
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    just took a quick look at your diary...i know it seems weird but you need to eat more. With the amount that you are working out, your body is craving calories for fuel, and once it realizes its not starving and doesn't need to hang on to every last ounce, the weight should start coming off again.
  • ek724q
    ek724q Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have only had one day I ate over 2200 calories since I started this, still was under my calorie goal even on that day. Today I am under my goal still too, so i have not cheated. I meant that they were not the healthiest choices. But still better than before. I have never gone this far in working out and eatting right before, But honestly I have had better results doing it other ways than counting calories and working out.
  • DaniU617
    DaniU617 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I do not ever go by that! I just keep plugging along and as long as I am loosing weight each week then I am happy. Just stay strong and keep chugging along. You said you are the same for a few weeks? Just try something different like eating more fruit, veggies, and proteins, and drink lots and lots of water!! Hang in there you can do it!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    A cursory glance at your diary makes me think that you are not eating enough/are working out too much to be losing consistently. Not only does this slow your loss down as your body struggles to preserve fat stores it believes it is in danger of losing, but when you do have those splurge days, your body is storing away any of that extra you are giving it because it believes you are starving.

I tracked the 5 wk estimate most of my WL journey and it was generally in the right area (more on the conservative side of right)
  • kynichol21
    Options
    It looks like to me that you need to be eating more. You might also want to check your Sodium levels because they are not listed in your diary. The 5 week thing is just an estimate. If you ate around the exact same amount of calories everyday and did workouts to equal the same that is where the estimate comes from. I have been tracking mine and I seems right on for the 5 weeks. I'm not perfect by any means with eating and such but have read lots of threads on here. Just my advice.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I only looked back about 2 weeks in your diary and you are definitely not eating enough. If you have been eating like that long term it is possible your body has slowed its metabolism in fear that you are starving yourself. You need a minumum of 1200 NET calories every day. That means 1200 cals on top of anything burned through exercise. Most days you were eating well below 1000 cals when you take exercise into consideration.
  • ek724q
    Options
    I am so confused right now, I have upped my calories to 1360 and not eatting any more than that if I can help it. I have been gaining weight also, I just don't track it till tomorrow, Which I would hate to put a gain again. I hate this. I don't understand how eatting more will help. I struggle just to get the calories I get in now.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I have had better luck "dieting" without counting calories than I am on this web site.

I've been at it since July 11th, I think. I lost 8 pounds in the first week, and then it bounced back and for the last 2-3 weeks I've been basically the same weight. I started at 278 and I am now at 271.5. The lowest I got was 270.

I've had maybe 3 cheating days total in that time.

I figure I just have to keep going on. It took years to get this way, it's going to take years to undo it.

I take huge motivation from the people who have been on here for a year posting their before/after pictures.

I want to stick with it for a year and see if I can be one of those people.

I usually never last more than a couple of months.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Everybody has to do what works for them and it takes a while to figure out your body. I have to eat more than suspose to at least one day a week and stay close to my goal the other days to lose weight..I also give my body one day of rest just going for a short walk. Last week I lost 4 pounds by doing this. I also track the "5 week" mark and mine has been pretty close or even right on. Today I am 5 ounces more than they say I shoud be...its all an estimate but I feel pretty good about being as close..makes me work more and eat better...but like I said everyone needs to do what works for them. Don't give up....just change it up!
  • JenGilronan
    JenGilronan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    From what I understand... They are telling you that you need to eat your 1360 calories AND the calories that you are burning off.
    I myself have a hard time following that because I thought I should have been cutting my calories.... Cutting too much though puts your body into starvation mode and it won't let go of anything.
    We need to feed/fuel our body with good foods.
    Good luck!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I am so confused right now, I have upped my calories to 1360 and not eatting any more than that if I can help it. I have been gaining weight also, I just don't track it till tomorrow, Which I would hate to put a gain again. I hate this. I don't understand how eatting more will help. I struggle just to get the calories I get in now.

Yes but you arent eating your exercise calories back. MFP is designed so that you eat these calories.

Since you have brought your daily calorie intake so low, I would aim to keep your NET number (on your homepage) at about 1000 for a few days, then try to raise it to 1100, then 1200 for about a week, then 1300 for a week- and I would recommend going as high as 1500 or 1600 and then dropping back down to 1300 (again this is NET calories). This is all to help readjust your metabolism, which you have slowed down by eating so few calories.

There is a lot of information about starvation mode on here if you'd like to do some research and see what you come up with, but at this point, could it really hurt things to try eating a little more and see where it takes you?
  • jeepwidow01
    Options
    After looking at your diary, I tend to agree with those who have said that you need to eat more. There are days that it is difficult to get all of your calories in, especially on the days that you burn over 1000 calories from exercising. However, do make sure you get in at least the 1200, if not trying to bump it up to around 1400 or even 1500. Instead of thinking about eating your calories, you can drink a nice glass of milk & get calories that way as well. Depending on the type of exercise you are doing & the amount of hours per week you exercise, you will need to fuel your body more. After my first daughter was born, I was doing over 6 hours of exercise a week of kickboxing & such. I definitely needed the extra food! Don't giveup! Just play with the caloric intake to see if that helps jump start you :smile: Best of luck!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options

Your body needs fuel to function. Calories=fuel. Your BMR is the amount of calories you need just to exist (lay in bed and not move at all). Then your body needs calories for just regular daily activities like going to the store, going out to grab the mail, etc. For most this is about 500 cals. My BMR is about 1350. Add daily activities into that and the amount of cals I need to maintain my weight is 1850 (1350 +500). If I did what you do and exercise with a burn of 1100 cals then I have only allotted my body 750 cals to function off of (1850-1100=750). That is just over half of what my body and my organs need to function off of. If I did this for too long my body would say "hey there- you are not giving me any fuel. Are we starving? Oh no! I must conserve every single calorie you put in me because I may not get anymore!" This is why many overweight people remain overweight even when they hardly eat anything. You HAVE to eat! Hope that helps. :)
  • mislmar
    mislmar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know it can be frustrating but just hang in there. Consistancy is the key. I glanced at your diary and just my opinion but I noticed you ate mexican food like salsa and fajitas several times. You might want to try adding sodium to your nutrients and watching it because I notice every time I eat fajitas (which I love), I always gain like 4-7 lbs the next day or so until all the sodium gets out of my system. I wasn't losing very fast at first either and always got frustrated about it but I hung in there and eat a lot of veggies and it is coming off, slow but it is coming off. Slow and steady wins the race. Good luck on your weight loss journey and hope it all works out for you :)
  • ek724q
    Options
    The faijtas are home made so It is with thin corn tortillas and chicken I made no salt added. I do eat fajitas out everyonce in a while, I have salt being tracked but only I can see it. If I could add it where everyone else could see it I would. I don't know what to remove to add it though. I am tracking all the others too. I don't think i have gone over 2200 grams of sodium at all but i have not looked in the last few days.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it. Don't throw in the towel just yet. This time do it 100%. :flowerforyou: