Who would have thought - scared to ADD calories!

Options
I'm getting down to the last 13 or so pounds to my goal plus have increased my running/exercise. So based on responses to my previous post AND reading other posts here, I should eat a bit more to avoid loosing too fast and loosing muscle and good stuff (I am averaging a loss 1.5pds/mt but also trying to fuel some added running in my routine).

Clearly I gained the weight by eating a lot, but i am now concerned about actually increasing my daily calories! So I guess just looking for encouragement to keep at it!

stats: 5'1
Current weight: 143 ish (have had some lower weigh ins but weight fluctuates so - 143)
Goal: 130
Starting weight: 176 (End of April).
Calories:1300

Trying to increase to at least 1350/day. As a pre-race exercise I may try to eat 1400 a day or two we shall see. then see and maybe even go to 1400 more regularly.

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,468 Member
    Options
    Fear not. The whole thing is one big experiment. If you don’t like the outcome of your new plan, after a sufficient test, change it. And the experimenting and adjusting does not end at goal.

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    I know. worse case, i put on 1 pd and readjust, though i feel that is an unlikely scenario.

this has lead to some interesting end of the day "let's find something to eat to fill the gap" :P I need to re-balance my meals which are made for a 1300 calorie total in advanced so i am not eating snacky food but adding quality food.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    It's actually a pretty common fear. You don't want to mess up all the progress you've made so you're hyper aware of you food intake. Give yourself time to get comfortable with it. Take small steps (as you indicated) and allow yourself whatever time you need to feel right about it.

Congrats on your progress so far.