Zevia Soda

Options
I haven’t had pop in nearly 8 years. I heard about this soda and decided to try It. I absolutely love It. I was just curious on others opinions of this drink, and if it’s good for diets.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I've never had it, but at 0 (or close to 0) calories it wouldn't be bad in moderation.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    If it is zero calorie and you are using it to replace high calorie drinks then it could help you stay in a calorie deficit.

To lose weight you need to eat what you like within your calorie goal.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I use to really like these and they taste like the real "full calorie" pop.
    I think I gave up on them was I ended up drinking way to many drinks that has aspartame in them and end up getting aspartame poisoning. So dropped everything as that was scary

I imagine that wouldn't be a problem, since Zevia doesn't contain aspartame.

No it does not but I ended up getting rid of all those drinks in my life.
    I also drank some sparkling water.. think it was called "ice" but it had a lot of aspartame. I just dropped everything. Saved me money and I drink more water.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I use stevia a lot and dont have an issue with the taste - I tried one of those drinks though and thought it had an awful taste. I just stick to diet coke.
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like it as well. I don't drink it a ton but my favorite flavor is the ginger root beer.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I use stevia a lot and dont have an issue with the taste - I tried one of those drinks though and thought it had an awful taste. I just stick to diet coke.

Agreed,I thought it tasted weird too so if I want a soda I just drink diet coke,,to me it has less aftertaste
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »

Agreed,I thought it tasted weird too so if I want a soda I just drink diet coke,,to me it has less aftertaste

I'm team aspartame as well. I don't like the taste of stevia and there's nothing harmful about aspartame in any reasonably sane dosage. Diet Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper or diet root beer for me.
  • Silhouette199
    Silhouette199 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love Zevia. I drink very little pop, but every once in awhile I have Zevia. I did give up other diet sodas.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have tried it several times, and I even use stevia to sweeten tea and coffee, but I can't drink Zevia. I don't know if it's the brand of stevia they use or what, but it just tastes...off. I wanted to like it.

I'm still attached to diet pop, at least till a good, peer-reviewed study proves that drinking it is detremental.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Have tried them. To me, they like zehit. I will stick to coke zero.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with aspartame or sucralose btw....
  • kittyluvduck
    kittyluvduck Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love most of the flavors. I drink 1 a day. Ibotta has rebates for it with Kroger (possibly other stores) on a regular basis which helps with the high price. I think it is good for diets. Before Zevia I was drinking 20 oz full calorie soda. Zevia and Halo top have made this lifestyle change to watching my cico a lot easier. I don't feel like I'm missing out on yummy treats that I want.