MFP versus WW?

Options
shanonlh
shanonlh Posts: 20 Member
I've had some experience and success with Weight Watchers in the past. In order to save money and try something new, I've committed myself to track in MFP. Does anyone know how the daily calorie counts compare to WW points? Are they comparable? Has anyone had more success on MFP that had past experience with WW? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I was more successful on WW. They are very much alike except you count points on WW versus macros on MFP. I find MFP to be more tedious and it's harder for me to stick to. I guess when I was paying, I pushed myself harder. I think with any weight loss program, you get out of it what you put into it.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    WW is a program... MFP is a tracking mechanism with a community...
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

WW also has a tracking method and a community.

and meetings.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »

No, its a hookup site.

FIFY
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options

WW also has a tracking method and a community.

and meetings.

well yes... included in program ... all encompassing.. thank you.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers doesn't even have a premium membership....

yutRrqm.gif
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Not sure how the calorie goal equates to WW points, I am not familiar with WW and hpw they calculate the points.

At the top of getting started there are "most helpful posts. Definitely check those out, lots of great tips and tricks in there.
  • disney_addict_1028
    disney_addict_1028 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    MFP all the way only site that helped me !!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    MFP could totally take WW in a fist fight.

Mud Wrestling Too !

.... although weight watchers could probably win a hot dog eating contest.
  • shanonlh
    Options
    Thanks everyone, great advice and insight. I appreciate it!
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I was successful with WW when I followed the plan. However, I think it's ridiculous how much they charge, and they change the plan every year, so you have to buy all the new information and gadgets if you want to keep up. MFP requires a little more work and self-accountability, but it's a great tracking device, and the forums can be very motivating...and it's free!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    SwannySez wrote: »
    MFP could totally take WW in a fist fight.

Mud Wrestling Too !

.... although weight watchers could probably win a hot dog eating contest.

Obviously, you have never seen @mustacheU2Lift swallow wieners.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    shanonlh wrote: »
    I've had some experience and success with Weight Watchers in the past. In order to save money and try something new, I've committed myself to track in MFP. Does anyone know how the daily calorie counts compare to WW points? Are they comparable? Has anyone had more success on MFP that had past experience with WW? Thanks in advance!

To answer your question. :) I've been a WW member for a little over a year and a half. I love the program, my meetings, and the weekly accountability. But I was also struggling because of WW new program that expects me to eat until satisfied and gives me a ton of 0 point foods to eat. I have food issues which is why I'm overweight so the eating until satisfied doesn't always come easy for me. ;)

So, I joined MFP and have been double tracking for the last 10 days. I find my results interesting and in the last two weeks I've lost 4.4 lbs and have broken a stall that I've been on for the last couple of months. I definately think MFP is great and I never stopped believing that losing weight is all about calories in vs. calories out.

Here are the results of my counting so far. I get 24 points a day and 42 weeklies. Hope this helps! :)

imm1ptisjgdb.png

• shanonlh
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks, this is very helpful and gives me some perspective. I too have a similar struggle with eating until satisfied;), so all of those free foods puts me in a tail spin. It seemed to really slow my progress. So far on MFP things are going well, so I am going to keep it up! Thanks again!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    MFP doesn't require you to be weighed and lectured weekly by stressed out, shrill, middle aged ladies who tell unfunny jokes.

So rosie o'donnell, a rodeo clown and a chicken walk into a bar......