Women over 50. Friend me!

Options
Hello, I'm 57. In need of motivation and support. I have lost 21.6 pounds since June 1st '18. Lately it has been a struggle. Weight is now starting to come off more slowly.
To tell you more about myself. I'm from Tennessee. On June 1st, I was weighing my heaviest of 240. Knew I had to do something. Ultimate goal is weighing 189. That's what I weighed when I married 35 years ago. I have a wonderful husband and 22 year old triplets. Two boys and a girl. I'm very family oriented. They are my rock... my world! Also work as a teacher's aide for special needs high school students.
Although I have great support in my family, I would love some MFP friends (women over 50) to share this journey with. So feel free to add me!

Replies

• dc271
    dc271 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I just linked back to this app now and came across your post. I’m Donna turning 60 in August just weighed myself at doctors office 276. Want to get back to the 200s. Kind of feel defeated already. Guess this is self-sabotage. I am married like you 34 yrs. have one son 20 yrs I teach art in elementary school. Time to stop sugar-coating that I don’t look that bad.
  • jena003
    jena003 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @dc271. Sent you a friend request! Noticed you are an art teacher. One of my son’s is doing his student teaching for art.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Hi.... I'm 59... from Canada, lol.... but am a huge Lady Vols fan! ;)

I've been on here since April 2017 and have lost 112.5 lbs so far with about 20 more to go.

It's not easy but the rewards are endless.

I'm a mom of 32 year old twins and am a new first time grandma - he's 3 months old and is my everything.

He wasn't even a glimmer in his daddies eyes when I started my weight loss journey but I can't tell you how glad I am I made the decision to take back control of my body.

I'm on everyday... feel free to add me as a friend.

Family support is huge!!! So glad they are there for you! :)
  • jena003
    Options
    Bikecherly sent you a friend request. Go Vols!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    sure
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi @jena003, I will send you a friend request.

I'm 51 and 5th grade ELA teacher. I saw your post as I was searching for new MFP friends to help keep me accountable and call me out when I'm sliding backwards.
  • jena003
    Options
    @WA_Teacher thank you so much! Received your request.
  • smurphkitty
    smurphkitty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi gals, I'm 52 from Humble, Texas. Last year, with the help of MFP and my walking partner, I lost 30 pounds. No where near the 70 or 80 I needed to lose, but it was a start. Then life happened and I ate my way through a ton of grief and gained back all but 2 of those 30 pounds. So here I am, starting over with a fresh 8 pound loss. I would love some friends to support and to support me as well.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi 71 next week. Feel free to add me and good luck to you all
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I am 50y/o with two teen boys. I have been married for 32 years. Started here in '14 at 214 and lost a lot of weight but gained it all back. I restarted in January of this year and am down to 161. Feel free to add me. I am a daily logger from Prince Edward Island, Canada.
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    jena003 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm 57. In need of motivation and support. I have lost 21.6 pounds since June 1st '18. Lately it has been a struggle. Weight is now starting to come off more slowly.
    To tell you more about myself. I'm from Tennessee. On June 1st, I was weighing my heaviest of 240. Knew I had to do something. Ultimate goal is weighing 189. That's what I weighed when I married 35 years ago. I have a wonderful husband and 22 year old triplets. Two boys and a girl. I'm very family oriented. They are my rock... my world! Also work as a teacher's aide for special needs high school students.
    Although I have great support in my family, I would love some MFP friends (women over 50) to share this journey with. So feel free to add me!

Wow triplets, I have grind that was hard enough. Good luck on this journey
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    53, here. Lost 30+ pounds about 18 years ago. Hanging on to maintenance by the skin of my teeth with menopause.
    Also a teacher (formerly k-12, now university).
    Feel free to add me. I don't generally talk about logging, but do talk about being active!
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    jena003 wrote: »

Wow triplets, I have grind that was hard enough. Good luck on this journey

This should say twins sorry lol !!!!
  • emjay196363
    emjay196363 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request. I'm 55, have been on MFP a few years, lost 30 of the 50 I was aiming for, then had a setback, regained 18 pounds, now working on losing again! My grandchildren are my biggest motivator, I want to stay alive and healthy as long as I can to help them grow up.
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. I try to log daily. Currently trying to gain strength and loose fat.
  • kimlt8
    kimlt8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 52 and am at my heaviest weight ever. I'm also looking for friends to share mutual motivation, healthy recipes, tips, stories and everything that will keep us going. Looking to lose about 35 lbs to return to my shape in my profile (chosen for self-motivation).
  • sunface01
    sunface01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! New here. 54 and at
    Heaviest weight since I was pregnant 26
    Years ago. Not proud of this and don’t really know how it happened. 6 months ago I weighed 14 lbs less... just started Keto diet and hoping to lose 20 plus lbs..