Keto people!!!

Options
So I’m starting this meal plan tomorrow. I keep reading In the book and online to not bother counting the calories. But when I talk to other people online they say to always count the calories. The book I have is high calorie intake like sometimes 2,000.

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You don't have to count calories to lose weight. But you do have to consume less calories than you expend, no matter how you do that or what kind of diet you're on.

Some (not all) people find the foods in a ketogenic diet satiating enough that they end up eating in a calorie deficit without trying. If that's the case, you'll lose weight. But if you're eating 2000 calories a day and your actual daily expenditure is below that, you'll gain weight. No matter what you do, it comes down to calories.
  • Linkero
    Linkero Posts: 28 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You'll find a general consensus that calories is the key to controlling your weight. You can always modify what they have in the book to adjust your needs!

Edit: The post above me sums it up excellently!
  • kristatzitzi
    kristatzitzi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    God damn, I don’t know why they would make days that go up to 2000 cal a day. Not even sure where did start it change their meal plan, probably easier to make my own. But now I’m not sure how I’d keep my macros on track
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting off, you may want to gradually slide into keto rather than going head on into it, it's a lot easier (at least for me, it is). By that I mean reducing your grams of carbs by x each day, over perhaps a week or two.
  • Linkero
    Linkero Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    God damn, I don’t know why they would make days that go up to 2000 cal a day. Not even sure where did start it change their meal plan, probably easier to make my own. But now I’m not sure how I’d keep my macros on track

The reason they probably chose 2000 is because labels base their daily value % off of a 2000 calorie diet. Don't stress yourself out tho, it's easier than it seems to stay on top of things. Following Lumberjacck's advice will definitely help you out! Work your way into it, you can do it!