Replies

• ArmouredMuscle
    ArmouredMuscle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Drink a large glass of water
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I have a spotless house and no laundry because I'm the same. It's a holiday in Canada and I'm waiting for laundry to dry so I can stay busy and not boredom eat. At work I have no issue but at home ...
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I listen to podcasts about boredom eating. Really.
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don’t keep any treats in the house that way I can’t mindlessly eat things. I have to walk to the shop if I really want something. Most of the time that puts me off.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I have a spotless house and no laundry because I'm the same. It's a holiday in Canada and I'm waiting for laundry to dry so I can stay busy and not boredom eat. At work I have no issue but at home ...

I agree, we have all these machines and tech to make life easier. Well, now we are bored. I think idle hands and feet are the bellies playground. I am not advocating giving all technology and convienances up, but sometimes washing dishes by hand, washing your car by hand, sweeping vs a rumba... ect.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I can be a boredom eater as well. Doing my own variation of IF helps as I just don't eat a meal until dinner, but I realize that isn't really for everyone.

Other things I do: keep fizzy water around the house to sip on (keeps me way happier than regular water or "flat" drinks); play video games or other things that keep my hands busy; break up the day with my "to-do" list. So maybe watch a show or movie, then get up and go do something (laundry, vehicle maintenance, cleaning, a workout, whatever.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Don't you have any hobbies or interests you just can't wait to get to? Not saying I don't veg sometimes but I could fill every hour of every day with something to do. Are there any activities you've had in the back of your mind you've thought you might enjoy "some day?" 'Cause some day can be now.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I love to read and eat all if I can too!
    But I have started to change that by during the day at home I listen to my book with audible. I find it hard to sit and listen😊
  • Amandachanges
    Amandachanges Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have a giant 32oz bottle which I fill with various flavored water. I also add chia seeds sometimes (they go down easy). Chia seeds give you healthy fats and omega’s, and for some reason they actually fill me up!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont buy stuff thats tempting.

you dont see cookies and chips and junk food in my house.

if you dont buy it, you cant eat it.