Any 5'6 ladies out there that weigh between 175-180 pounds?

Options
I am curious to know how many calories you eat in a day? My BMR is 1571 and I try to exercise at least 20 minutes 4-5 days a week. MFP has me at 1300 calories per day. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3'' started at 180 now 173. I started at 1200, I uped it to 1400 per my personal trainers request, then I eat back some of my excercise calories I eat about 1600 calories a day. If you don't think what your eating is enough then you can manually change what MFP has set for you.
  • danibee79
    danibee79 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 174 so just under. I've been eating 1200 and trying to exercise at least an hr a day. I've currently hit a plateau tho :(
  • mmensah
    mmensah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i eat about 1k but i am suppose to eat 1700..I dont overeat or try to eat alot just when i crave and that is hardly...
  • maysflower
    maysflower Posts: 180
    Options
    That sounds too low. How much weight did you tell MFP you wanted to lose per week? I weight 195.4 and my calories are 1541 per day to lose 1 lb per week.

Check your goal settings.
  • amberlee2011
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 185.5. I started at 199. I eat 1200 calories a day. I do tend to eat back my exercise calories.
  • krypton5368
    krypton5368 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1.5 per week.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and just now around 181/182. MFP also has me at 1200 calories but I generally eat around 1300. My avg loss is 1-1/2 lb/week. Most of my exercise is walking- I do some swimming and I run my apt building stairs 2 or 3 times a week. I'm going to increase my cardio AND strength training starting this week to see what happens
  • MyouTakara
    Options
    @danibee79- You're probably at a plateau because your calories are too low. Are you eating back your exercise calories?

@mmensah- You're definitely not eating enough. 1200 minimum, or your body is likely to go into starvation mode and you'll gain weight.

@OP- Are you logging your exercise and eating back the calories?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm 199 and my calories are set to 1560. I eat my calories back too...I can burn about 600 or more calories during a work out day, and I eat them back.
  • clarehodgson14
    Options
    i'm 5'5 and 182lbs i have 1530cals a day and try to exercise 3x30mins set at a rate of 1lb a week on relativly active level (working on a hospital ward 5 days a week with 2 kids at home.)
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    When I started I was ~173 and ate 1200 (trying to lose 1-2# per week, 1200 is the lowest you can go for either) for the first 2 months or so of MFP. I didn't work out very much, so I just changed my eating a LOT.

The last few weeks I've upped my daily cals to 1360 (only trying to lose 1/2# per week) and I've also started working out a bit more often (1-2x per week). Now that my body is adjusting to that, I'm losing again.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    This is similar to what I did.

I was about 180 when I started. I started eating 1200 calories a day but did NO exercise. I lost about 25lbs in 8months. After that I started exercising about 3-4 times a week and I upped my calories to 1350 for like 2 months I ate about 1/2 to 75% of my exercised calories when I exersiced then I upped them again to 1600 for another 2 months at this point I only ate the 1600 a day reguardless of me exercising or not (my calroeis burned never brought me below 1200 net calories though) and finally I went up to my current in take at 1790 sometimes I eat my clories burned back and sometimes I dont depending on the day. (I currently weigh 139 by the way)
    When I started I was ~173 and ate 1200 (trying to lose 1-2# per week, 1200 is the lowest you can go for either) for the first 2 months or so of MFP. I didn't work out very much, so I just changed my eating a LOT.

The last few weeks I've upped my daily cals to 1360 (only trying to lose 1/2# per week) and I've also started working out a bit more often (1-2x per week). Now that my body is adjusting to that, I'm losing again.