staffroom eating

Options
i have a new job in a daycare (well not really new, going back to a old job)

the staff room is full of crap, yummy chocolate cake, bol of smarties, and other threats, on top of it, i get to eat with the kids at meal times .. witch is NOT included in my normal meal plans ( although i started allowing calories for the healthy stuff)

so.... what's your tricks?? to stay away from all of it... ???????????

i find it veryyyyy hard to stay away from it although i work out the calories.. its just not good to eat so much cake..lol

Replies

• may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options

the staff room is full of crap, yummy chocolate cake, bol of smarties, and other threats, on top of it, i get to eat with the kids at meal times .. witch is NOT included in my normal meal plans ( although i started allowing calories for the healthy stuff)

i find it veryyyyy hard to stay away from it although i work out the calories.. its just not good to eat so much cake..lol
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. There is always a bunch of junk in our lunch room at work too. I bring nuts and drink lots of water. Sometimes chewing sugarless gum helps. Unfortunately, it really just comes down to developing discipline to stay away from the fatty treats and healthy new habits.
  • may_marie
    Options
    I feel for you. There is always a bunch of junk in our lunch room at work too. I bring nuts and drink lots of water. Sometimes chewing sugarless gum helps. Unfortunately, it really just comes down to developing discipline to stay away from the fatty treats and healthy new habits.

yes !! . if i chew minthy gum.. i sure wont feel like eathing chocolate cake !!!
    (that would make it taste like after 8s.... hummmmmmm)
  • sblades
    Options
    I hear you on that one - seems to me like every time there is announcement/meeting/event at work - there is cake EVERYWHERE. I just decided that calorie wise, i'd rather have a HUGE bowl of cereal so I felt like I ate something instead of biting into a lardy flour and sugar pile. :/
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

I call it poison lol because over eating it will cause to much damage and setbacks and its just not worth it
  • puppylove84
    Options
    I just think of it as a daily challenge -- what am I NOT going to eat today. instead of thinking later how much I ate and how bad I feel, I get to think about all that stuff I avoided and how great I I feel knowing I was successful.

that said, I did fall victim to several small chocolates today... as long as you win most of the battles, you'll be okay! :wink:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Can you try to get the rest of the staff on board with you?! Maybe suggest replacing the junkie stuff with carrots and low-fat dip or celery and peanut butter? Most of the folks where I work would jump at the motivation, maybe your friends will, too!
  • may_marie
    Options
    Can you try to get the rest of the staff on board with you?! Maybe suggest replacing the junkie stuff with carrots and low-fat dip or celery and peanut butter? Most of the folks where I work would jump at the motivation, maybe your friends will, too!

though of that... but most of the stuff is brough by the parents of the daycare kids... like for valentines day .. or for a kid's birthday... or .. well there always are occasions..

i like the gum idea... can't trust my self discipline.. i lost 68 lbs .. but yet . when i see chocolate cake i stil cant back off..lol.. go figure