A year down the line - how'd that happen?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Vonny198334
    Vonny198334 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    JinnBee wrote: »
    This is such a wonderful and inspiring post, and just what I needed to read this morning. Thank you! I'm just over 100 days in and so far I've lost 27 pounds of the 110 or so I'm hoping to lose. Some days it seems to be taking foreeeeeever, but I'm learning to adjust my expectations for how quickly I can reasonably reach my goals. After all, I'm making permanent life changes and forming new and better habits, and that takes time.

Congratulations on your successes so dar and thanks again for a great post! ❤

Thankyou so much for your kind words!

Your approach to weight loss sounds perfect & 27lbs down is absolutely fantastic, well done indeed! That's around when I really began to FEEL the changes in my body & it so made everything worthwhile.

The time paradox never fails to amaze me, honestly think because we are so concentrated on our goal that it feels like we should be seeing drastic changes daily - & at other times, it feels like we do!! One day your new smaller jeans look amazing, next thing they're baggy & you realise it's been 2-3 months since you bought them...

Best best luck with the rest of your journey, I don't doubt you'll get to where you want to be! <3
  • Vonny198334
    Vonny198334 Posts: 178 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Von, I just want to say you’re amazing and your post has inspired me so much, so well done you should be so proud of yourself. I’m in U.K. and have 8+ stone to lose and I really needed to see your post today. You look fab and will be keeping you in my head as a role model. All the best x

Thankyou so much for your lovely reply, it made my day :)

I remember when I worked out I needed to lose at least 8 stone to be in a healthy BMI.... frightening & overwhelming doesn't really explain it. One of my friends is 5ft & 8stone 2lbs....couldn't begin to even imagine losing a whole her, that's crazy talk!

I'm by no means an expert, but if I could offer you any type of advice it would simply be not to concentrate on the goal weight itself or how much you have to lose because, you know what? It doesn't matter.

What matters is being strong, healthy, happy, comfortable in your own skin & I know I keep repeating it but...participating in your own life! When you change your eating habits and maybe choose to take up a new exercise routine too (not necessary, but...so much fun when you find one you love!), it's as if the side effect happens to be weight loss.

That really helped me because I had no idea how long it would all take(still don't with 25lbs to go...could be another year!). Felt like my only option was to make the ride so enjoyable that I wouldn't want to get off. For me that meant not feeling hungry/unsatisfied after eating, enjoying what I ate & making sure I didn't dread every single exercise session. Don't get me wrong, there are days where these things pop up...TOM, cold weather...cantbearsedititis :smiley: But the majority of the time, it thankfully works for me.
    That's my 2p, for what it's worth :)

Best best luck on your progress & I'm sure you'll be posting your own success story before you know it <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!